Day 2 & 3 at old town site...and alfalfa field

Deerhunter24

Jul 1, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; Garrett GTI 1500
Hello again,

On Wednesday, I returned to the old town site field. I got out for an hour and only managed one coin type object.

It is a holed token. Says "THEO Roosevelt" on one side with an image of Theodore Roosevelt.

Says "WM McKinley" on the other side...also with the image of the former president.

Unable to find any info on it.

Tonight, I returned to the plowed alfalfa field, where I went in the previous post and found the other coins.

I only managed 1 coin in about 2.5 hours there tonight, but it was an 1898 Indianhead Penny with full liberty.

The pics I've posted of the Indians don't do them a bit of justice. They are all in really nice shape, but for some reason the images are pretty dark.

Attachments

• 050813 1.JPG
    050813 1.JPG
    78.3 KB · Views: 81
  • 050813 2.JPG
    050813 2.JPG
    81.4 KB · Views: 84
  • 051113 1.JPG
    051113 1.JPG
    79.6 KB · Views: 78

mjc_lakedweller

Nov 14, 2011
Kzoo County, MI
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro,
Garrett ACE350,
Fisher CZ-20,
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Both of your posts are a good read. I have been building a new barn and am anxious to get out swinging again. I fear I may have missed out on a field that once had an old house according to an 1872 map. Last fall it was still wooded but the farmer cut all the trees and plowed it. I have a standing invitation to hunt the property but have not had the chance to do so. Your story has me hungering to head out there before he plants. WTG on your finds-I love those old tokens-keep it up till he plants.

megnpat

Apr 30, 2013
bellaire MI
Detector(s) used
somethin with a round thing on it ;)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice finds i just recently learned of an old railroad town that is no longer there im doin the research to grid it out currently keep pluggin away HH

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting president token. I like those kind of relics. :icon_thumright: WTG on a nice IH, too. Good luck on future hunts!

HH
p.s. Try taking your coin pics in daylight with a more neutral background, not white. The bright background can cause your camera to "close down" and your pics will be darker.

Mike from MI

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2007
Vicksburg Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Minelab Explorer II, Exterra 30, Fisher CZ-21, and CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds! My kind of field!

Brentallica

Bronze Member
May 6, 2009
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG - Indian is in great shape - Keep hitting that place!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread