Deadeye discovered washed up on pembrokeshire beach

daiyork

Apr 21, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all today I discovered what I believe to be a deadeye from a shipwreck I'm not entirely sure how old it is and I thought it was an anchor until I googled it :dontknow: the whole top piece is wood with three holes in surrounded by metal on the outside and all the way throughout any help identifying this would be great :icon_scratch: I know there are known shipwrecks around this area dating back to the 18th century. Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_1330.JPG
    IMG_1330.JPG
    789.8 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG_1328.JPG
    IMG_1328.JPG
    1,011.4 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_1325.JPG
    IMG_1325.JPG
    659.4 KB · Views: 192
Upvote 7

wagbert

Mar 29, 2008
That is pretty cool. Landlubbers might not know what a "deadeye" is. To tell you the truth, I had to '"google" deadeye myself to find out how it was used on a sailing vessel. Wikipedia has some great pictures and an excellent description of what a "deadeye" is and how it was used. Other terms are also described, like "bullseye" for a similar device, but only having one hole (eye).
Good Luck,
Phil

rich f

May 29, 2013
mass
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
dfx 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i like it ,it would hang in my garage

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Def deadeye...
Hope you dragged it up to high spot as to not loose back into water... for "she" will take it back.

WildWildBill

Banned
Jan 1, 2015
Orange Park, Fl
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's DFX 950/White's Bullseye pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope you brought that home with you. Someone would give you an arm and a peg leg for that! That is definitely way too cool. Never heard of or seen one. I'm thinking banner material!

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Looks like its from a pirate ship as you look head on the deadeye looks to have a skull face on it, and yes I have had my meds for the day .I would surely hang that thing up for it would make a nice conversation piece.vanzutphen

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is pretty sharp. Looks like it would be worth taking home and stabilizing. I bet it would look good hanging up somewhere.

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is cool, the top skull looking part is eerily satisfying.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread