Destination Gold goes above and beyond

lrgoodger

May 2, 2023
Cassopolis, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000-D, Garrett GTA-1000, Minelab Sovereign, XP Deus I, Equinox 800, XP Deus II
When I finally made the decision to buy the Deus II , I began searching for the best price. I suffered from sticker shock when I found out what the full package cost. After doing a lot of research, I decided to go with the WS6 Master package because it was almost half the price of the full package. The lowest price I could find on Ebay was $799, and then there is the $50 sales tax. The sales tax is a fraud as far as I am concerned, since it is still recognized that a business in one state does not have to collect sales tax when shipping to a buyer in another state. Greedy politicians forcing ebay and amazon to do that was criminal.

So, searched for dealers and found Destination Gold. They had the same price as ebay, but when I asked them if they could give me a discount, they gave me a discount code for $100 off. Then when I found out the WS6 headphones were useless without the puck, I asked them if they could give me a discount on the WSA-XL headphones. They gave me a 25% off discount coupon for those and free shipping. And of course no tax, since I was out of state.

And that's not to mention the free black Friday package they sent me, which contained a jeweller's loop, an XP ball cap, which is perfect for an old bald guy like me, a carry bag (for detector trash I asssume) and some peppermints.

They are very responsive to email and as far as I am concerned, went above and beyond to have a satisfied customer, which is exactly what I am!

robertk

Bronze Member
May 16, 2023
Missouri
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
White's Spectra v3i
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Whites Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The sales tax is a fraud as far as I am concerned, since it is still recognized that a business in one state does not have to collect sales tax when shipping to a buyer in another state.
That kinda depends. If the business you're buying from has a presence in the destination state, the tax police consider it "as if" the sale was made at that point of presence, so the tax must be collected. There are other rules, too. I don't know how much or how well they're enforced, I just know they're out there and companies have to comply or be fined for failure to.

They are very responsive to email and as far as I am concerned, went above and beyond to have a satisfied customer, which is exactly what I am!
It sounds like you got some really good deals, just for asking! That was smart of you, and speaks well of them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread