Deus 2 Ghost town hunting

sushidingo

Mar 3, 2015
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster pro, at gold. Gold monster 1000. Equinox 800, sdc 2300, soon D2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just received my deus 2 and took ot for a test run to a ghost town. I was already heading out so i figured id give it a go. I noticed that square nails and chopped old rusty cans slam and sound great. I tried fast and park mode and the tones were great but targets were always junk. Just wondering if thats normal. Pretty much every solid target with whatever number i pulled a can chunk or square nail.

I plan on going to a park and learning more about the machine soon.

robertk

Bronze Member
May 16, 2023
Missouri
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
White's Spectra v3i
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Whites Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Square nails tend to show as low iron tones on mine (large ID near zero). I generally run the "fast" program.. If the nails are bent or multiples of them are in the hole, it will sometimes ring higher, but it won't be consistent when you change the swing 90 degrees. The "good" tones of iron (target ID upper 70's) tend to be cast iron. Lower iron tones (around 10) tend to be stuff like railroad spikes, bolts, nuts, things like that. But... that's at my site, which may sound totally different than yours.

Oddly enough I also want to hit a park just to get more target variety.

Emil W

Nov 4, 2021
Central New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Deus 2
Deus
Deus Lite
Garrett Apex
Garrett Pinpointer
BH Discovery 2200
BH Pioneer EX
White's Coinmaster 6000D (have had for decades)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I only use the XY screen on my D2 (same with my D1). My property, were I always test new detectors, and had a blacksmith shop on it in the 19th century, is full of cut nails plus every other kind of iron junk you can imagine. The XY makes it easy to determine the good from the bad once you're used to it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread