Diamond trip

ENGRAVER

Jun 8, 2005
Chitown
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
I will be making a trip down to Crater of diamonds and was wondering if any can describe the box screen they use. I have seen a picture on the website, but it is rather far away. I have searched the forums and cannot seem to find anything, if anybody can help, I would greatly appreciate it. I am really excited as is my daughter, especially after reading the post of people that have made the trip. I know a diamond is a rare find, but I really look forward to the hunt.
;D ;D ;D

Luis S.

randyinarkansas

Nov 2, 2007
Fayetteville
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500 and Garrett Ace 250
the box screens are basically 4 pieces of 2 x 4 made into a square with some with some fine wire scrren stapeled to it...or it was when i went in 2001...you can rent all of the equipment from them...it's kinda expensive upfront because half of what you pay for is a deposit to make sure you bring the stuff back..when you do they refund the deposit. diamonds are found out there every day, although 99% are small, but atleast once a year someone finds a nice one....the best time to go is right after a rain or right after they plow the field which they do about once a week.

Good luck

OP
OP
E

ENGRAVER

Jun 8, 2005
Chitown
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Thanks for the info. I think I'll just end up renting them there.

Luis S.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread