Differences

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Papalittle

Apr 17, 2013
Hardy, Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Eurotek Pro, Fisher F2, Garrett Ace 250 Teknetics Delta4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
from reading descriptions all I see is bigger coil on the 350...might more but do not find anything else by the readings on them.

mindcrime1988

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2011
Southeast Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus II, DetectorPro Headhunter, BlissTool & Pulsedive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The 250 has a lower frequency 6.5 kHz versus the 350 which has a frequency of 8.25 kHz. The lower frequencies tends to be more sensitive to highly conductive metals such as silver and brass. Plus lower frequencies are better at detecting larger targets which are deeper in the ground. But your higher frequencies tend to find smaller targets such as thin coins and gold nuggets. And as pointed out above, the 350 comes with a larger coil.

CladGrabber

Oct 10, 2013
Tulsa Ok
Detector(s) used
AT PRO...Equinox 800...garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
More notch discrimination is another difference.

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
350 has more iron discrimination and a better coil in my opinion. Between the two I would get the 350. I owned the 350 and found great stuff. It loves coins. My oldest being a 1893 o mint mark barber dime worth around $100.

Opie

Aug 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
I've had both, its basically frequency, coil, amount of discrimination. I didn't think there was that much difference performance wise in the two. Performance is obtained from understanding your equipment and how it works. if your looking for an upgrade go higher. (ATP) If you have a 250 add the DD coil. If you can afford the 350, I'd go that route. The DD coils makes a huge difference on the ACE units because there's no ground balance and the DD coil is better in bad ground.

fireguy

Dec 28, 2013
Dayton ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250
The 250 Is better for coin hunting and the 350 is better for relics hunting. Don't be fooled by the high number and higher price meaning its overall better, they are 2 different things. If you are wanting to primary hunt coins get the 250 probably a nice used one and get a double d coil after you get a pinpointer. If you are wanting to hunt relics buy the 350 . Here is the reasonings.

Both machines have 12 sections of ID/discrimination. The 350 has 4 segments for iron where the 250 only has one. That is the reason the 350 is better for relics because you have better discrimination of targets containing iron.

The 250 has 7 segments IDed as different possible coins. Where the 350 only has 5 dedicated to coins. And only

Just think about it like this. They both detect the same way they just divide the 12 segments of ID 2 different ways. 250 bunching all the iron together and better dividing higher conductive targets such as coins while the 350 divides iron targets better but combining some of the higher conductive targets together. So you should decide which machine you want based on what you want to hunt the most

garrett_ace_350_panel.gif

1139070_ace_250_control_panel_lg.jpg

The DD coil is nicer then the standard coil on the 250. I have two DD coils for mine but don't make that the deciding factor because you can always change that but you can't change the ID patterns. I got my DD coil used from a dealer here for around $80 so not that big of a deal.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread