Discussion with a bank Teller provides insightful info

The Jersey DEvil

Nov 29, 2009
Tri state area, USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 1500, Fisher CZ5, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Cibola, Garret Grand Master Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My usual Thursday order didn't come in. But today (Sat) I got a call from the bank saying my order has arrived. The Teller who does my ordering said the delivery truck broke down. The driver told her that in the last couple months there has been a big increase of coin orders from all the banks. Its been putting not only a strain on the truck drivers but on the trucks as well. I guess the trucks aren't designed for such huge order demands & all the wear & tear they are subjected to. So something is going on...like there are more people getting in the act of CRHing. I just wanted to pass this on to you. I fear this bigger order demand may have some long range repercussions. Any thoughts?

Upvote 0

Piledriver

May 21, 2011
All the work we do here hyping the fun and profit of CRH'ing is paying off!

1000 more CRH'ers this year;

5000 more next year

NONE the year after that.

While you can,

Keep on Rollin' !

crhstreetwalker

Apr 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Definitely not good. I don't see how a big truck like that can "break down" from all of the coins it is carrying..I have a ford ranger that is used in my business that has had the weight equivalent to 100 boxes of halves in it 5 days a week for the last 2 years and she is still running strong. I doubt they have that many in a truck at any one point, so I strongly do not believe a big armored truck can "break down" from too much coinage. I think that there are more people entering CRHing every day than there are leaving.

Last edited by a moderator:

Solid Rolls

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always figured the armored car companies LOVE us, but the drivers hate us.

dmaki1988

Apr 3, 2012
Gladstone MI
Detector(s) used
Whites VX3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes all of these new coin hunters are killing the price of silver, more and more dumped every day into the market. all these big corps sit on it all and then sell it at an over spot price. well all these coins found hunting makes the market blahh. haha if i had the money i would be doing the same thing tho lol. good luck

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes all of these new coin hunters are killing the price of silver, more and more dumped every day into the market. all these big corps sit on it all and then sell it at an over spot price. well all these coins found hunting makes the market blahh. haha if i had the money i would be doing the same thing tho lol. good luck
Ive been thinking about trying this crh since detecting isnt putting the coins into my collection...but i wouldnt sell the ones i find

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

That's an interesting theory for sure, and you could be right, but I would have to respectfully disagree (just accidentally wrote disrespectfully agree :laughing7:). Most of us on here seem to keep our coins, in fact I've only heard a couple instances on here of them being sold. Also, silver coinage is only a fraction of total silver, and CRH is only a very small fraction of the total silver coinage out there. Coins are put on the market at a much higher rate by estate sales. Also, right now silver coinage actually has a higher silver price than silver bullion. If the price were being driven down by too much 90% silver coins on the market, this would not be the case. Just my opinion

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brinks will have a fleet of hummers soon enough with all they money we're making them

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The bank pays a fee to the delivery services, the delivery guys/drivers get paid by the hour/day. Whether the trucks break down or the people who deliver don't like it, that's not our fault. Get a new truck, hire new crews, I am sure the armored car services are making TONS of money delivering money.

Don't get me wrong, I am not the type of person to be rude, but still... I only have a small weekly order, but that all contributes to the other 100 CRH'ers in this area, some ordering as many as 60 boxes of halves a week!!

HH
Buff

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
they might, people are crazy in my region!
One truck might deliver to 10 local beanches in a day, if the truck delivers 4 boxes of halves to each, that is 40 boxes sitting in the truck when it leaves it's warehouse.

Please tell me they don't get them at one branch lol

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The trucks breaking down from all the "heavy coins" is nonsense. 40 boxes is only 1000 pounds. My grand vitara can handle 1500 all day long.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread