Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was encouraged by the number of wheats and the old tag from the 1st day, so a 2nd hunt (and many more) was definitely warranted..........

1017 Hunt.jpg

There was a bucket load of lead. Must have dug 20 chunks of lead (that was molten at one time) of various sizes. Perhaps there was a house fire on this lot in the past. The relics here are certainly more interesting than most sites I've dug.
Three more wheats for the day (44, 35 and 33) and a 59 Rosie...........

Thanks for lookin' in and good hunting to you all..............

Upvote 4

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a site that is just yearning to be gridded in multiple directions. Congrats on another fun outing. I really enjoy target rich sites. Keep at it.

OP
OP
C

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a site that is just yearning to be gridded in multiple directions. Congrats on another fun outing. I really enjoy target rich sites. Keep at it.

Thanks, Loco Digger. Going north/south right now with overlapping swings on the east side. Targets are so plentiful, I barely get to a standing position and it's time to dig again! My Compadre is finding targets 6 to 8 inches down, so they are all getting plucked from the ground. I'd like to clear it out and get the Vaquero on it next year.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Take your Vaquero next time. Set your sensitivity to "6" and ground balance. Then set your discrimination near max (at least 80%), and turn the threshold button to about max (again, at least 80%). Sweep low and slow over the areas you have already hit with the Compadre. Let me know Chuck! :skullflag:

OP
OP
C

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Take your Vaquero next time. Set your sensitivity to "6" and ground balance. Then set your discrimination near max (at least 80%), and turn the threshold button to about max (again, at least 80%). Sweep low and slow over the areas you have already hit with the Compadre. Let me know Chuck! :skullflag:

Thanks, Terry. It is on my schedule for tomorrow........

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread