Down the rabbit hole! (Final Edition)

Phishfindr

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2017
NEW ENGLAND
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Pro Pointer AT Z-Lynk, Lesche digging tools, Pack Mule finds bag by Freeloader.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It finally dried out enough, after days of rain, to head back to the farm. When I got up there I told the farmer what I was working on, and he offered to bring his backhoe up to the hole if needed. (Man, I was hoping that would not be necessary!)

I dug the hole back out from last week, and got down to the mystery metal again. The ground was super soft from all the rain, which made it a lot easier to work some leverage on it. I finally got the piece to budge. And then it moved about an inch. As I dug around the edge, it continued to give up it's grip. Finally, I managed to pull it out. At first I thought it was some sort of sign. But it is curved, fairly heavy, and had no markings. It measures 11"x16". (I Know, you're thinking it should have been the size of an old model A or a John Deere tractor :laughing7:)

I showed it to the farmer, and he believes it was used at one time to move heavy rocks used in the construction of stone walls around the farm. It was pulled by horses and oxen. It is essentially a rock skid. Pretty cool!

Anyway, I gathered up the finds, bagged the trash, and called it a day. It was quite the mix of finds, for sure. Note the old tube of tooth paste in the photo. And the metal tag that I swore was a silver coin when I first saw in the dirt! :BangHead:

Quite the MD adventure, for sure!

GL&HH!

IMG_2342.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 6
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds, glad the hole was productive! :occasion14:

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
nice finds and bottles are they mason jars

OP
OP
Phishfindr

Phishfindr

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2017
NEW ENGLAND
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Pro Pointer AT Z-Lynk, Lesche digging tools, Pack Mule finds bag by Freeloader.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
nice finds and bottles are they mason jars

Thanks. There's no markings on any of them, but based on the shape of some, with the metal tops, they probably are.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions