Dream mat for - 300 mesh gold??

catfishjim90

Mar 29, 2011
Just wanted to know what everybody thinks of the Dream mats for flower gold? I have some good spots on the Missouri River in the St. Louis area. One shovelful.of gravel I usually find 15 to 30 pieces of flower. I have been using my 4 stack tromal cube with saw tooth matting. But I’m not getting as much gold as I think I should be getting. I’m thinking about modifying the tromal from 1/4 inch down to 1/8 . And then going with micro mat on the top two trays. And then cape d mats on the 2 bottom trays. The black sand is really heavy in this material . Probably get a cup in each shovel full. I’m running a 4000 gpa pump with a valve if I need to valve down . Do you all think this would work? Here is a picture of some of the gold I get on the Mighty Mo.
IMG_8286.png
IMG_3934.jpeg

Upvote 6

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Hi Jim ! Long time no see ! it looks like your doing well on the ole River , BUT I think you'd do better doing one mod at a time to show improvement . I myself used to try several changes at a time thinking it'll speed up the process but it only slowed me down to rethink what I just did and which changes are helping and which isn't ! Hope this helps you and GOOD LUCK ON THE RIVER !!! :coffee2:

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Modify it down to â…›" because ÂĽ" is too large for the cube. Set up one tray with the dream mat if you want, but leave the rest. The cube is a well thought out proven machine as is, but adding different trays with different mats doesn't hurt anything. The gold cube trommels come with 3/16 holes stock, so yours was modified from the start. My 3/16" gold cube trommel runs great with the stock mat.

Bonaro

Aug 9, 2004
Olympia WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Minelab SD 2200d, 2.5", 3", 4"and several Keene 5" production dredges, Knelson Centrifuge, Gold screw automatic panner
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Personally, I don't care for Dream mat. The only advantage I can give it is faster cleanups.
Everything that is not gold, is waste...work on removing that first.
The gold in the pic is quite a bit larger than 300 mesh. Figure out what the largest pieces are and screen to twice larger and toss the waste. Consider devising a way to remove magnetics before it gets cubed.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
When I was dredging I would remove the magnetics in my sluice at the head end of the dredges sluice . To do this I made 3 pcs of 3/4 in. plastic pipe that stretched across sluice and had super magnets inside of that tube and had the ends caped off . these tubes were secured to the sluice sides and were positioned about a inch above the water /material I would periodically pull 1 tube out at a time and cleaned it off while running the dredge. This helped me a lot! I would pan the magnetics later ! :coffee2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread