Dry, dry, DRY here!

mrogers07

Sep 6, 2015
Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
In my neck of the woods, we haven't had measurable rain for almost two months. This has made the ground much like concrete and cutting good plugs is almost impossible. To that end, I have been hunting beaches, mulch playgrounds and gravel parking lots.

Has anyone else suffered through a similar scenario? What did you do to feed the detecting bug?

mrwilburino

May 7, 2010
Northern Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Teknetics, Minelab, XP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Same thing in northern Ohio. Bone dry & about another month or so and the ground will be frozen. The beaches haven't seen any swimmers in over a month since the temp's been getting cooler, so pickins are slim there. I mostly park hunt, and certain areas are moist enough to dig a plug without damaging the grass, but a lot of it isn't, so I try to stick with some of the woodsie areas and riverbanks. Not much to find there, but it keeps me swingin. I just wish it would rain for a good solid week.

OP
OP
mrogers07

mrogers07

Sep 6, 2015
Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Preach on with the rain. I would like to try this one new permission I have (mid-1800's house that the owner said no one has detected since they bought it in the early 1980's) but I dare not until I can cut good plugs.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had some of my best luck during dry spells. Not on swimming beaches themselves but along the normally swampy shorelines alongside of beaches. If leaves have fallen all the better, great hunting underneath bushes where leaves have kept summer hunters away. It can be mucky and smelly digging, but well worth it

etex

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Longview, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same here in East Texas but suppose to get up to 6 inches of rain this weekend

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread