Dumping at my Pickup Bank today?

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
Well I have a problem. My dad is at work today but left me $200 to do Coin hunting with. My bank is directly across the street from my house and had said they would order me nickels. (If they didnt NBD I have another pickup bank I dont have an account at). Well he needs the money back before he gets home from work (at 7 PM) and I dont have another account here in town and no way to get to another town. I try not to ever dump at my pickup bank, I have had to a few times though. I am using US Bank. Would you think it's ok to dump $100 in Nickels, $20 in Pennies, and the rest in Quarters on them about 3 hours after I bought them all from them? I know another CRHer thats made them his dump bank / partial pickup bank and they usually dont complain. This guy walks in with $2000 worth of coinage, they already pull the bags out to get ready to change them. Does anyone think there would be a problem dumping it back on them? It's US BANK which uses Brinks. And I've NEVER gotten any of my coins back (I mark alot of my coins). Advice? I just dont want to anger the tellers since they were nice to order me rolls. And I have no other option then to not do coin roll hunting today.

Upvote 0

Ben-Ro

May 18, 2012
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
Other
I wouldn't dump them on them later today. I'd just hold off on hunting today. You don't want to upset the tellers at a bank across the street. It's super convenient for you...and they know where you live...

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
not a big deal, just dump them later and say something like, "sorry to bring them back, but my dad said something came up and he needed the money" , if they ask. i wouldn't make a regular habit out of it though.

I dump at the same banks I supply from, but different branches for supply / dump. Your quantity is very small though so I wouldn't worry about it today. Not like you are picking up 8 boxes of halves and bringing them back 2 hours later.

OP
OP
MrSchulz

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
I went over and bought. And just said "I have a question. Would you mind if I came back and turned these in in a few hours, atleast 3 or 4. I try not to cash in at my pickup banks, but my dad wants to have his money back before he gets home and I wont be leaving town today. They said thats perfectly fine. They also said they only mind when someone brings in all of one denomination like $200 in nickels because they have to change the bags.

OP
OP
MrSchulz

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Haha Thanks. If I would of taken your advice I would of never found the buffalos! They would of went into some customers pocket, or worse another CRHers collection. Thanks for the advice though :)

Shows what I know. haha :laughing7: Nice buffs, btw! :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread