Effigies?

Tesorodeoro

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m sorry you didn’t get the answer you were looking for.

I too was offended once by the “Time for more coffee” sign off statement.
Especially when it garnered many ”likes”.

Turns out some people just always add “time for more coffee” at the end of their message..and MANY people here will “like” something out of habit simply to let people know they were there looking at a message. It doesn’t really mean they actually liked what was said.

I glanced at the pictures and just saw natural rocks, but I’m not an expert.
I kind of agree with the idea that man made art is typically obvious.

Knock the chip off your shoulder and stick around.

Last edited:

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
we can be curt at times too, not to offend, but at times we run out of patience with those that seem to want to argue.

galenrog

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2006
“Time for more coffee” means my part of the conversation is over. Used to be a common phrase in the part of North Carolina that Uncle Sugar sent me to 45 years ago. Stuck with me. Not so much with others.

Time for more coffee.

Tesorodeoro

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
“Time for more coffee” means my part of the conversation is over. Used to be a common phrase in the part of North Carolina that Uncle Sugar sent me to 45 years ago. Stuck with me. Not so much with others.

Time for more coffee.
Reviving an old thread. Thank you for the explanation. Who’s Uncle Sugar?

Tesorodeoro

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
United States,US,commonly used to refer to any Government authority.In that case probably a US military entity,thus Uncle Sugar sent me!
Ok I’ve heard the term “Uncle Sam” but not Uncle Sugar. Uncle Sugar Daddy does seem appropriate for many these days.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok I’ve heard the term “Uncle Sam” but not Uncle Sugar. Uncle Sugar Daddy does seem appropriate for many these days.
It,s kind of an old one,I don,t remember just where I first heard it,but means the same as Uncle Sam to most folks.Uncle Sugar Daddy does seem more apt!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread