El Paso Rains

xracer550

Oct 31, 2012
Palmdale , CA
Detector(s) used
Goldbug 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The El Paso mtn. So. Cal. had heavy rain & created Major road damage & opened up some new spots to try , Gully washer removed 2 - 3 Ft of overburden down to bedrock so I had to vacuum it up & take home for clean up , Will show clean up when finished , This was a road to the claims !
gully washer 019.JPG
gully washer 005.JPG
gully washer 008.JPG

Bronze Member
May 26, 2011
tujunga ca
Detector(s) used
xlt mxt gmz and now a gmt whites
its crazy how bad that road and area got hit. i was out there a week after and headed up this weekend, its only going to be 104.i dont know how long i will stay .

OP
OP
xracer550

xracer550

Oct 31, 2012
Palmdale , CA
Detector(s) used
Goldbug 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The lower road from the Taft parking lot to the Taft claim has a 3 ft wide 3 ft deep gully in it , Best to use the High road for access if going that way .

OP
OP
xracer550

xracer550

Oct 31, 2012
Palmdale , CA
Detector(s) used
Goldbug 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Went back to see what Hillery did to the area , Access is the hardest part Redrock Randsburg road is shut down indefinitely , The claim roads are just as bad as before , Went up Goler wash covered with Boulder's up to 4' wide barely made it to the narrows , There was a small stream so I made a panning hole & started Panning , Not a bad day after all !
Goler wash crossing the road at Benson Gulch & the Narrows =
goler gold 001.JPG
goler gold 014.JPG
goler gold 010.JPG

Bronze Member
May 26, 2011
tujunga ca
Detector(s) used
xlt mxt gmz and now a gmt whites
Went back to see what Hillery did to the area , Access is the hardest part Redrock Randsburg road is shut down indefinitely , The claim roads are just as bad as before , Went up Goler wash covered with Boulder's up to 4' wide barely made it to the narrows , There was a small stream so I made a panning hole & started Panning , Not a bad day after all !
Goler wash crossing the road at Benson Gulch & the Narrows = View attachment 2101319 View attachment 2101320 View attachment 2101321
wow, what a mess, but good gold

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Goler wash crossing the road at Benson Gulch & the Narrows = View attachment 2101319 View attachment 2101320 View attachment 2101321
If boulders as big as 4' where moved around that is the sunny side of how much force was pushing material around. Definitely worth some panning time.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How nice of the rain.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread