Ephemera, First post

crashcar95

Dec 14, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would like to thank the members of the forum.
Your posts are extremely educational and enjoyable.
I started off simply buying old tools at yard sales, but one becomes quickly addicted to finding all types of treasures.
I thought I would make my first post a few of my more humble findings.
The one booklet is the 1907 catalog for the Schebler Carburetor from Wheeler & Schebler Manufacturers of Indianapolis, Indiana. I found this in a cigar box full of junk drawer type items, paid a few bucks for the whole box.
The other is a tenth edition 32 page "Trapshooting Hints" from duPont. I am not sure of the year it was published. I paid fifty cents for this.
Not valuable, but interesting, to folks interested in cars and guns.
Thank you again.

Attachments

• IMG_9095.JPG
    IMG_9095.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 128
  • IMG_9096.JPG
    IMG_9096.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 95
  • IMG_9097.JPG
    IMG_9097.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 94
  • IMG_9098.JPG
    IMG_9098.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 95

zombieraccoon

Dec 30, 2017
Mesa AZ / Naselle WA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds ! I keep a lot of older booklet, That carb book may have more value than you think, does it have the old Indian/Harley carbs in it ? If so I would imagine it a very deserieable item to the right person

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice catalog for a boat engine carb. I love digging through boxes of "junk". Don't know if you planned on selling but it does have some value. There are no recent sales of any as old as yours or for the D model but I'd say it's worth $30-$50 to the right person based on the little info. I did find on Worthpoint. Here is a good little read about it... https://www.gasenginemagazine.com/gas-engines/the-ubiquitous-schebler-model-d-carburetor

OP
OP
C

crashcar95

Dec 14, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks. At the time this catalog was published, they had four models, the D,E,F, and H.
The H was "Especially for Motorcycles and Buggymobiles"

OP
OP
C

crashcar95

Dec 14, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the link. Interesting. I wasn't one hundred percent sure that it might not be a later reproduction.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the link. Interesting. I wasn't one hundred percent sure that it might not be a later reproduction.
I blew up the photo and the cover print looks legit to me. A modern copy would show a dot matrix in the print. I think yours is an offset lithographic print done in the period.

EagleRidge

May 13, 2009
On the Dupont, look for a date code, like 3-50, on the first or last pages. Ephemera adverts used that for a while sometime around the 1940s-1950s. That would be the month and year.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread