Equinox 900 Arrived!

Eastender

Mar 30, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just received my Nox 900 and XP Backpack 280 with matching Finds Pouch from Big Boys Hobbies! Quick, smooth, and seamless transaction with prompt emails from the business owner Bart. Of course it is raining here today and tomorrow but I will hit the field with the new rig this weekend. Thankfully those NFL Playoff games start later! February 1st cannot come soon enough. Yesterday while out detecting I heard plenty of deer hunter shotgun rounds not too far away. Looking forward to abandoning the orange clothing and going back to blending into the woods. The pack is very well-made and specifically tailored to the needs of the hobby. Looking forward to hands-free hiking.

With successful years on my Nox 800 I will be able to evaluate performance differences by going over my previous sites. I don't think I will really miss the Manticore screen. My most frequent annoyances are pre-1960 shotgun shell bases and bullet cartridges. Once the paper rots off the shells, these brass discs read very coin-like. I have to dig them even when I would bet they are shells. The Manticore 2D screen would show them as nice round objects on the centerline.

Attachments

• tres358.jpg
    tres358.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 28
OP
OP
Eastender

Eastender

Mar 30, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heading into the field now. The 900 fits into this pack by sliding the lower rod off. No need to detach the coil. Plenty of room for my 15" coil too. I like that Minelab included the 6" coil in the 900 kit. It fits nicely in small front pocket that XP intended for headphones (which I never use). I like the cell phone holster on the strap. Shovel firmly attaches. The finds pouch also works well as a pin pointer holster. Has hidden rain bonnet to cover the works. Going to hike 45 minutes in and out. Brought lunch.

Attachments

• 20230120_090834.jpg
    20230120_090834.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 25
  • 20230120_090949.jpg
    20230120_090949.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 29

river roamer

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2022
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II Excalibur 1000 Equinox 900
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Good luck with your future hunts

Joe77

Jan 24, 2022
Heading into the field now. The 900 fits into this pack by sliding the lower rod off. No need to detach the coil. Plenty of room for my 15" coil too. I like that Minelab included the 6" coil in the 900 kit. It fits nicely in small front pocket that XP intended for headphones (which I never use). I like the cell phone holster on the strap. Shovel firmly attaches. The finds pouch also works well as a pin pointer holster. Has hidden rain bonnet to cover the works. Going to hike 45 minutes in and out. Brought lunch.
I got my 900 2 weeks ago love it goes deep and I’m finding stuff I’ve missed with my Deus 2 good luck Joe

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Just received my Nox 900 and XP Backpack 280 with matching Finds Pouch from Big Boys Hobbies! Quick, smooth, and seamless transaction with prompt emails from the business owner Bart. Of course it is raining here today and tomorrow but I will hit the field with the new rig this weekend. Thankfully those NFL Playoff games start later! February 1st cannot come soon enough. Yesterday while out detecting I heard plenty of deer hunter shotgun rounds not too far away. Looking forward to abandoning the orange clothing and going back to blending into the woods. The pack is very well-made and specifically tailored to the needs of the hobby. Looking forward to hands-free hiking.

With successful years on my Nox 800 I will be able to evaluate performance differences by going over my previous sites. I don't think I will really miss the Manticore screen. My most frequent annoyances are pre-1960 shotgun shell bases and bullet cartridges. Once the paper rots off the shells, these brass discs read very coin-like. I have to dig them even when I would bet they are shells. The Manticore 2D screen would show them as nice round objects on the centerline.
Nice stuff, Good Luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread