Equinox Black Sand Gold Silver Rings Video

jmc24

Feb 24, 2020
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom, Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Legend, XP Deus 2, FTP Tek Point, Garrott Carrot, Gold Hog River Sluices and Flow Pan, Royal Mini High Banker.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I made this video because Paystreak Superfreak made a great video showing how Deus 2 could detect gold jewelry targets through black magnetite sand using its excellent Magnetic Ground accept/reject function. I thought, that was really amazing. Then I thought, hey, I've been gold prospecting with the Equinox, Deus 1 and ORX on some sites where if I lay my pick on the ground the magnet on it will be covered with various sizes of black sand from specks to marble sized and I have managed to find gold nuggets, even sub gram nuggets through all of that magnetite with all three detectors. So I wanted to see if the Equinox would pass a test similar to Paystreak's Deus 2 test. I would have tested a Deus 1 and ORX too, but I sold them in order to prepay for a new Deus 2 with 9" coil that I hope to receive someday....... Does this sound like I am a Minelab fanboy, XP hater or Captain gotta defend the Equinox no matter what person??????

So, another member of this forum didn't like my test and has made a big deal out of it in a jovial way in one of his recent videos. Just to set the record straight Calabash, reread the first paragraph in this post. Also, there is a 14 K gold ring and a .925 silver ring in this test. The gold ring IDs 11 and goes first followed by the silver ring which IDs 25......just in case any of you watch that video where the video maker says the gold ring under the magnetite ID was 39/40.........wrong. The Equinox is on the borderline of overloading several times in Beach 2 but rejecting -9 and -8 kept the magnetite responses from overpowering the non-ferrous responses. Sometimes I resort to that same strategy in the gold fields using the Equinox Gold Modes if I know there are .25 gram and larger nuggets in the area and I am tired of listening to non-stop magnetite.

This video is really short.....1 minute 47 seconds and I say absolutely nothing and let the detector speak for itself.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread