image.jpg
    383 KB · Views: 87

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Definitely Machine Doubling on the Obverse which pinched off a portion of the design to cause what looks like doubling. Now on the Reverse, I can see any edge reeding so I believe that the coin was sanded or ground down. However, if it does have the edge reeding, post a pic and maybe we can determine what happened to the coin. My first thoughts of the Reverse were a misaligned Collar until I saw that it appears that the coin has no edge reeding!

Frank

OP
OP
B

Bryan V

Dec 13, 2009
Washington State
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Monster 1000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Definitely Machine Doubling on the Obverse which pinched off a portion of the design to cause what looks like doubling. Now on the Reverse, I can see any edge reeding so I believe that the coin was sanded or ground down. However, if it does have the edge reeding, post a pic and maybe we can determine what happened to the coin. My first thoughts of the Reverse were a misaligned Collar until I saw that it appears that the coin has no edge reeding!

Frank

Thanks. Here are a couple more photos.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 82
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 81

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
While the edge reeding is somewhat run down and weak, it is still there. Due to the off-set of the edge reeding from the rim or somewhat lack of a rim on the Reverse, I am of the belief that it was a Collar alignment problem.

Frank

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions