ETrac or ESE?

Mobius1

Sep 10, 2013
Orange, California
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 305 (two years experience)
E-trac (currently learning)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Today I talked with a Minelab dealer about the two machines. I told him how I really want the Etrac but it is very expensive for my price range so he went down to $1200 which I know is absolutely amazing! However I've heard good things about the Explorer SE also and it's even in the price range at $1000. The question is, should I push for the extra 200 on the ETrac or stay reasonable with the ESE?

Sapper724

May 28, 2013
Northwestern WI
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO (Current)
Minelab Etrac (Current)
Garrett Pro Pointer
Sampson 31" Digger

Fisher F2 (RIP)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
1200? I was told minelab dealers couldn't budge on their prices. Was it used?

OP
OP
Mobius1

Mobius1

Sep 10, 2013
Orange, California
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 305 (two years experience)
E-trac (currently learning)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It was a very generous thing he did for me so I'm not allowed to tell the location or dealer. His words

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Personally, I'd go with the E-trac.........which I did!

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think anytime a dealer can work with someone it is a good thing:thumbsup:. I won't do business with someone who refuses negotiate. Just saying.

roygpa

Mar 5, 2013
Pittsburgh, PA USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Sunray X-1, Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Makro Simplex+ Garrett AT-Pro, Fisher F5, Fisher F2, 2- Garrett Pro Pinpointer, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I went with an E-Trac after getting schooled on silver coins by a friend with his E-Trac. Three weeks later I found a 1777 Spanish 2 Reale coin in my own yard. Don't have a clue how it got where I found it, but I had been over that spot with my Fisher. Go with the E-Trac and don't look back. Call for better pricing that the list prices you might see.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think anytime a dealer can work with someone it is a good thing:thumbsup:. I won't do business with someone who refuses negotiate. Just saying.
Remind me not to go with you to a restaurant......it would be just too embarrassing! :tongue3:

marjam

Nov 17, 2012
Go with the etrac. That is a great price, you could sell it used for 1200 if you didnt like it, but you will. Trust me and all the others who have responded. Any minelab fbs machine is good, but I would come up with the extra 200 and get the etrac.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread