F.G. Runnels Co. Store, Coolidge, TX, store chits

smyle_b

Tenderfoot
Mar 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all! Brand new to the site and looking for some tips and guidance. We inherited a box of old papers my father-in-law picked up in a lot at some auction, and among many other strange and interesting things we found a ziploc baggie full of cardboard chits from the F.G. Runnels Co. Store in Coolidge, Texas. (.25, .50, and $1.00 denominations) I tried to look them up online, but came up totally empty, and apparently Coolidge, Texas has a population of about 800 people and does not even have a city website that I can find for info or references. Anybody familiar with this town/area, or anyone ever heard of this company? We're mostly just curious about them and the history, but if there's a market for them we might pass them along to someone who would fully appreciate what they are (if the actually **are** anything). Any guidance you can provide would be much appreciated!

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Don't think I've ever seen one, but Coolidge is a pretty little town. Try any Texas antique store and they can probably answer your questions...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread