Dec 22, 2014
Rockwall, Tx
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter TR-500
Bounty Hunter Land Star
Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, I just purchased a second hand F70 two weeks ago in perfect condition. While attempting to master the ground grab my thumb pressed a little too high and ended up cracking the screen to where it's just a big blob over the first digit. Anyone have any idea on what the cost to get that fixed might be? I've contacted Fisher but they want me to send it in before they can say anything.
Anyone ever had this happen and might know how much to repair?

Attachments

• 1216141044a.jpg
    1216141044a.jpg
    969.7 KB · Views: 264

choppadude

Dec 23, 2012
Twin Tiers NY
Detector(s) used
XP Deus X2, CTX 3030, E Trac, T2, AT Pro, AKA Sorex, Makro Kruzer, Minelab GP3500, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I imagine it wont be cheap BUT you may want to tout their products while you talk to them and tell them how much you hear about their great customer service. Its hard to be an ass to a guy who compliments you LOL!
Good luck and keep us posted

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That is a bummer....one good thing is you're close to the FT Factory....fix should be fast,back in your hands in no time .
Gary

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gary is right. Send it in and bite the bullet. Fisher can't tell you the cost till they know what to repair to make it new.

OP
OP
D

Dig D

Dec 22, 2014
Rockwall, Tx
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter TR-500
Bounty Hunter Land Star
Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is an update on my cracked display. I sent it in and it arrived at Fisher on Dec. 19th. I just got it back today. Not bad at all considering it was during the holidays. Unfortunately I still have no idea how much it would cost to replace the screen, battery compartment springs, battery foam, coil connector on the electronics housing, and two lower rod washers.... :icon_thumright:
I couldn't be more happy with having my detector back in tip top shape though! Looks practically new!
Fisher Labs... What a great company to do business with! 0108152119.jpg 0108152119a.jpg

choppadude

Dec 23, 2012
Twin Tiers NY
Detector(s) used
XP Deus X2, CTX 3030, E Trac, T2, AT Pro, AKA Sorex, Makro Kruzer, Minelab GP3500, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So they fixed no charge? Makes me kinda glad that I just bought a new F75 LTD from this company!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread