Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Father's Day 2013

fathers_daya.jpg
toilet_newspaper.gif
Happy Father's Day!

Father's Day was founded in Spokane, Washington at the YMCA in 1910 by Sonora Smart Dodd, who was born in Arkansas. Its first celebration was in the Spokane YMCA on June 19, 1910. Her father, the Civil War veteran William Jackson Smart, was a single parent who raised his six children there. After hearing a sermon about Jarvis' Mother's Day in 1909, she told her pastor that fathers should have a similar holiday honoring them. Although she initially suggested June 5, her father's birthday, the pastors did not have enough time to prepare their sermons, and the celebration was deferred to the third Sunday of June...more...

Father's Day (Wikipedia - the free encyclopedia)

Last edited:

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can only hope that you all had a good day, and were able to spend quality time with you Father.HAPPY FATHER'S DAY TO ALL1

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good day here Took my Son to the annual car show had to be 7 or 8 hundred. Mostly old guys like me owning them. Looked at a new Trans 4L80E Neat thing this has two 4L80E's put together as one. Can stand N.O. and over 600 HP and still get 24MPG. on the street. Maybe I can pull 11's with this:laughing7: Not big deal to some but this was ingenious. Me being a Caregiver for a number of years the wife had a New 60in Smart T.V waiting for4 me when we got home.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread