Finally getting back in the half dollar game!

coincrawlin

Sep 13, 2010
SoCal
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After getting rejected over and over when asking banks to order halves, my wife finally found a couple that said they will order. Hopefully I can turn this into a standing weekly order. One of the banks had 10 boxes that someone ordered and never picked up and they wanted to get rid of them, so she gladly took them off their hands :laughing7:. I don't believe in sniping others boxes, but you can't expect a bank to hold onto them forever either. Will take me awhile to get through these, but I will update as I go.

She also picked up two boxes of dimes last week. One box was solid 2012's that I didn't bother to open. The other box gave up a single Roosie. I'll take it.

Upvote 0

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
coincrawlin said:
After getting rejected over and over when asking banks to order halves, my wife finally found a couple that said they will order. Hopefully I can turn this into a standing weekly order. One of the banks had 10 boxes that someone ordered and never picked up and they wanted to get rid of them, so she gladly took them off their hands :laughing7:. I don't believe in sniping others boxes, but you can't expect a bank to hold onto them forever either. Will take me awhile to get through these, but I will update as I go.

She also picked up two boxes of dimes last week. One box was solid 2012's that I didn't bother to open. The other box gave up a single Roosie. I'll take it.

10 boxes of halves= big bank roll. Nice when you can help a bank out like that. Hope you pull some Ag.

OP
OP
coincrawlin

coincrawlin

Sep 13, 2010
SoCal
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Box 1: Skunk

Not the start I was looking for but that's how it goes. On the plus side, not many marked coins so far.

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't worry I know the feeling my very first box of halves was a skunk a roo also....sux

OP
OP
coincrawlin

coincrawlin

Sep 13, 2010
SoCal
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Box 2: (3) 40%'s

Starting to get better.

OP
OP
coincrawlin

coincrawlin

Sep 13, 2010
SoCal
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Box 3: Skunk

Did find a 1971 with what appears to be a small clip...first one I've ever seen.

OP
OP
coincrawlin

coincrawlin

Sep 13, 2010
SoCal
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Box 4: Skunk
Box 5: Skunk
Box 6: Skunk
Box 7: Skunk
Box 8: Skunk
Box 9: Skunk
Box 10: Skunk

What an utter disappointment. Worst half dollar boxes I have ever had. I guess competition has cleaned out the halves around here. I'll probably give this bank a couple more weeks and if they don't produce I will try and change to dimes and find a new bank for halves. Now comes the fun of trying to dump this mess!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread