Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2008
Coinslaughtersville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett Carrot Glued To A Stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes. Put a little inflection in your voice in your videos if you can. People will connect with you better and you might get more video shares, which I expect is what you're after. Good luck out there!

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Do it more than I really should but have gotten some great items way under priced. Have over paid on a few when I got caught up in the bidding or really wanted the items. For an example, I picked up a Pre-64 Winchester Model 70 in .30-06 made in 1951 which is in close to 95% condition for $660 plus 10% Buyer's Premium but it is actually worth around $1,200 if I find a Buyer. Picked up a Winchester Model 70 XTR Featherweight in .257 Roberts made in 1982 and brand new in the box for $500 plus the 10% Buyer's Premium and 13 boxes of Vintage Remington and Western .257 Roberts Ammo for $190 plus the 10% Buyers Premium. The Rifle and Ammo together are worth between $1,500 and $2,000 or more. I will post some pics below of a few other items I picked up lately. I am also currently watching a Sale Auction close by with some fairly valuable items that would be worth buying if the prices don't go to high. There is also an extremely valuable item that is in need of restoration but once restored, it should fetch big money. Keeping my' fingers crossed on these!

Frank

The first three pieces were purchased at a Bankruptcy Auction for $290 plus 10% Buyer's Premium. I paid more than I wanted but the other Bidder kept stopping his bidding, then
would chime in just before the hammer dropped. He did this several times which P'ed me off. They are still worth about one and half times or more than what I paid for them.

Male Wood Duck Mount - mounted on a nice piece of driftwood.
wood duck 1a.jpg

Male Bufflehead Duck Mount - mounted on a nice piece of driftwood.
bufflehead duck 1.jpg

Ducks Unlimited, Limited Edition and numbered - Male Redhead Duck Decoy cast of original carved
by Sam Nottleman of the Loon Lake Decoy Company for the Crow Springs Collection Series.

ducks unlimited Redhead duck 1.jpg

River Otter Mount - mounted on a really nice piece of dark Black Walnut Burl from a
hollow Black Walnut stump. Purchased for $70 out the door.

river otter 1.jpg

Last edited:

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
do you think the other bidder was buddies of the seller?

That is possible but some items had intense bidding on them! In fact, a guy from Mexico or Central America was hell bent on buying all of the Computers (HP Desktops and Laptops, Dell Laptops and a few others), computer parts and accessories but I made him pay for them.:laughing7:

Frank

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep...
Auctions online as well... One coming up this Sunday Jan 1st. at noon.

can buy if you register.

Home

GarageSaleKing

Sep 12, 2016
Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have found that most items in auctions are just over priced. Today, everybody has a cell phone to quickly find the value of something. I don't buy much at auctions, but when I do, it is usually out of the box lot section. This section is outside and the lazy hoarders who overbid on everything just won't get up to walk outside, so sometimes you can find deals there.:icon_king:

Au-N-Rod

Mar 5, 2015
Texas
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Picked up a set of English bone china at an auction a few years ago. Sold a teapot out of it for 3 times the the auction price. Still had about 18 cup and saucers, dessert plates, coffee pot, teapot and other pieces/ Ended up clearing about $4,000 on a $175 bid. Probably my best score.

Retired Fire

Dec 29, 2016
Charlotte, NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 400, 5"x8" coils for both. Whites PinPointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought an old Pulver Gum Machine with a Cop Figure inside. It was a little rusty inside but I picked it up for $15.00 and resold it on a collectors site for $650.00!! SCORE!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions