Finds 9-3-2023

sibbley

Mar 18, 2023
Nazareth, PA
Detector(s) used
Dr. Otek MT-XR, Ace Apex, Xterra Pro, Nokta Legend, Nokta Makro Impact, Manticore, XP ORX, XP Deus 2 WS6 Master
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Spent an hour with the Impact and the IM19 coil (7.5"x4"). Love this coil, it grabs the small bits of nail and other things. Coins are for size reference.

P1000859_WM.jpg

Upvote 4

E-Trac-Ohio

Gold Member
Feb 9, 2020
Eastern Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Small Coils are great for isolating good targets in junk metal - overgrown areas and in tight spots.
I used a 6" Excelerator Coil on my E-Trac - all the time, for more than 5 years - countless great finds.

Good Hunting !

OP
OP
sibbley

sibbley

Mar 18, 2023
Nazareth, PA
Detector(s) used
Dr. Otek MT-XR, Ace Apex, Xterra Pro, Nokta Legend, Nokta Makro Impact, Manticore, XP ORX, XP Deus 2 WS6 Master
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My yard is full of junk metal. I've got .68 acre and I'm not even 1/3 of the way cleaned of the nails and other junk. I've cleaned a 10'x10' area of iron and found a 1/2 crotal bell. I swung over that bell 100 times and never found it till the iron above it was cleared. Even discriminating out the iron. Everywhere I swing I hear iron. Thae area where I found the items pictured was a 4'x4' spot. Before clearing the iron, the mid and high tones always turn out to disappear once I break the soil. I figure cutting and removing the plug breaks the halo around the iron. Those items always turn out to be nails. Fortunately, I don't mind digging the junk.

Metal detecting is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're going to get. I've only been doing this for 9 months and still learning every day.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread