Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday I had the chance to get out with my friend Ethan from here in PA and also TNet's JDug for a bit of Civil War relic hunting in Virginia.... While I didn't find that over the top find I had a lot of fun swinging the GPX once again in that hot VA dirt. It felt light because the last month or so I've been trying out the GPZ 7000 in relics.... Which is a deep beast but heavy!

I just love seeing those 69s roll out of the dirt! But the find of the day for me is the staff officers cuff button, which does have a bit of gilt remaining.

With the business I don't get to hunt as much as I used to, but still love seeing history come alive!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 149
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    433.9 KB · Views: 106
Upvote 15

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds keith!, love all that lead!!

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds Keith, but it looks like you were not in your CS camp ;)

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice hunt FBD!! Staff officer's button is nice. The 69s are fun to find as you know. The Staff officer's button is still on my wish list & continues to elude me. WTG, Q.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is nice to get out! You did well with friends. Nice button and heavy lead!
HH

Goldiver

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Fremont, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Fisher F-75 LTD2, CZ-70, CZ-21, 1280x, Vibraprobe 560, Minelab Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like it was a great hunt! I love digging those big old .69's!

Steve

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats not only on a good hunt, but getting out with JDug had to be a thrill with the incredible amount of CW finds he makes. I am sure your other friend is pretty effective as well.

OP
OP
Mach1Pilot

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys! I now see that the software here at Tnet turned the pict of the button 90 degrees... sorry about that.

Goldiver - me too! There is no doubt when you have one of those under the coil. LOL

Quindy - with your vast experience I would have thought there would be a bucket of them in your collection by now! No doubt you will check that box soon. :)

Olddude - Yeah, it was fun hunting with JDug - he of course got the find of the day in the form of a nice sword pommel. :hello2: This site is huge... I told him just about everything you can see has or had relics on it. When he wandered off and was gone for a while, I knew he found a patch... a small one but one that I didn't know about before then. :) Maybe he will be by to post a pict.

payload - howdy neighbor!

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks guys! I now see that the software here at Tnet turned the pict of the button 90 degrees... sorry about that.

Quindy - with your vast experience I would have thought there would be a bucket of them in your collection by now! No doubt you will check that box soon. :)

FBD, none of the Trio has dug one either. We dig the Eagle "I" buttons signifying that an Infantry officer was in the sites 2nd LT. or higher rank but no buttons. Of course, early war site uniforms were newer then and hadn't gone through the wear and tear. HH, Q.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread