Finished 2104 and Began 2015 with a FIRST EVER! Civil War Infantry Button!!!!!!!!!!!

Metal Illness

Jul 1, 2011
Englewood, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found my first ever Fatty Indian (1861) Tuesday. When I left the field it was 24 degrees, been below freezing for the past 60-70 hours. So today, I'm too damn stubborn to acknowledge the obvious THE GROUND IS FROZEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 4-5 inches deep! After struggling to dig 4-5 Possible Indian penny signals, only to find copper shrapnel, I begin to think, your going to have to find some surface finds if your lucky. You've seen other threads where people find Seated Silvers/ Barber Halves on the surface just surrendering:laughing7:
After about 3 hours I turned off the E-trac and went looking for site number 2 on this property. I found it and started swinging again, found my first button on the surface, then another and finally the rope/chain thingy. Worked it for about an hour or so and wondered back over to the first site. Finally I stumbled onto the relic/honey hole area and started picking up surface relics. The suspender buckle, Goliath broken Crotal Bell, and the knife. It is stamped on the side case "American Knife Company" (no luck googling to figure out the age). Now I'm about 5 hours in without much to show and then BOOM!!!!! I see this beautiful green button 3-4 feet out ahead of me and before I picked it up I knew what I had just found, my FIRST EVER Civil War Button:headbang: just setting there in full surrender mode! The pictures are just the way I picked it up, I have not even rinsed it off yet. You can still see some of the gold gilt on it! I took about 3 steps and hit the LC about 2 inches deep! You can see the frost on it in the picture!
What a start to 2015, my first CW button and a LC 197 years old! (1818) Now the next 48 hours or so is suppose to be above freezing 50s. Sat and 40s Sun. Hopefully I might get 1 more Non-Frozen hunt in.
Thanks for looking, Bill

PS;

Attachments

• photo (65).JPG
    photo (65).JPG
    69.2 KB · Views: 117
  • photo (67).JPG
    photo (67).JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 115
  • photo (69).JPG
    photo (69).JPG
    61.7 KB · Views: 114