First 2016 Silvers - First War Nick - First Buckles (help identify) & a pearl brooch

SirWalterRaleigh

Jul 29, 2015
Raleigh, North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro,
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett pinpointer
Lesche 85 and Sampson t-handle 31"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First 2016 Silvers - First War Nick - First Buckles (help identify) & a pearl brooch

Howdy friends!

It's hot here in central NC, no rain, and the ground is hard as concrete in some places but that hasn't stopped me from getting out and trying to find some treasure. These are the finds from my last few trips out and about in beautiful Raleigh NC.

IMG_3744.JPG

Dropped my little man off at a school and noticed this new little playground at an apartment complex. Took 30 minutes to hunt the entire area. It was on a concrete slab with mulch and everything was about 2 - 3 inches down. No jewelry but not bad for 30 minutes of swing time.

IMG_3750.JPG

At an older park in town, dug this fancy Higkok Plated art deco men's belt buckle. It's pretty small and dates around late 40's - early 50's based on what I can find. Seems to be silver plated. Even has my initial on it (first name)

FullSizeRender (1).jpg FullSizeRender.jpg

Next stop, another older part of town and Yay! After 4 months, finally found a few silver coins. 1920 Merc and my first ever war nick. 2 silvers about a foot from each other. Also found some other treasures at this old park which is pictured below. The park is by one of the oldest properties in Raleigh that I hunted in the past. Found my only SLQ there in December of 15

FullSizeRender (2).jpg

1970's Berloy flat key / cabinet key
2 - wheaties
Cleaned up silvers
some little ornate piece of something / not silver - feels like aluminum (top right)

In the middle is an old buckle - would love some information on it - dates / whatever - i'm guessing old belt or suspender buckle?

At the bottom is this little silver plated brooch. I think it has a real pearl in the middle. Passes the ole tooth test lol - funny thing is that I thought it was a silver bead - no clue it was a pearl until I cleaned it up.

Any help on the buckle would be greatly appreciated.

As always, thanks for stopping by and digging my digs! :icon_thumright: Hope everyone is having a great week and finding treasures.

Last edited:
Upvote 6
OP
OP
SirWalterRaleigh

SirWalterRaleigh

Jul 29, 2015
Raleigh, North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro,
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for being the only one to respond :occasion14:

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good job on the silvers and the relics. I bet all those pine trees in the Raleigh/Durham area keep the soil very acidic?

OP
OP
SirWalterRaleigh

SirWalterRaleigh

Jul 29, 2015
Raleigh, North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro,
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job on the silvers and the relics. I bet all those pine trees in the Raleigh/Durham area keep the soil very acidic?

Raleigh is sometimes referred to as The City of Oaks. - oaks everywhere you look. We do have our fair share of pines but they are more abundant on the outskirts of town. That being said, my yard is mostly pine trees lol. east of here has tons of pines.

Most everywhere I hunt is hard red clay.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread