First "Cast" I

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I actually dug this button on the 22nd of October but just now got around to cleaning it up and getting pictures posted.
Got lucky and dug this while coin shooting but in an area that had civil war activity. Been wanting to dig one for over 10 years.
Relic Pictures 2013-2014 163.jpg Relic Pictures 2013-2014 151.jpg Relic Pictures 2013-2014 154.jpg Relic Pictures 2013-2014 162.jpg
:headbang:

Upvote 15

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on a really nice find. GL&HH.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Real nice dig and sounds like a great location for more treasure...Good Luck!!

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A cast I is on my list. They hold up so much better than the two piece ones.

Yeah Man.. Dug a 'Tin Back Local' a couple miles away 2 years ago ' that was in Oct, to , Hmmm.
It's back while there was badly Rusted & no Shank also has a Large Face Dent.
but
It's Pretty much complete & looks good. It was also my 1st Confederate Button So "priceless" none the less.

Thanks
Davers

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's awesome! Never found one myself, but I was hunting with a buddy in Lenoir Co. N.C. some years ago that found one. His appeared to be pewter and was not complete.When do you want me to come down and hunt with you? :laughing7: Congrats!

Yeah the 'Cast' type 'I' buttons were made in both Pewter & Brass & tho I will take either , got lucky and dug a Brass one.

Sure your welcome to come down and Hunt.
but
Unless you know Something Or Someone that I don't , I would not guarantee anything but Clad & Pull Tab's .LOL

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Real nice dig and sounds like a great location for more treasure...Good Luck!!

Yeah .
The area was once the tail end of one of the long Confederate lines that ran N. Of Atlanta but has been Developed Since
at-least the 1950's.
So I was just Checking on of the Many Churches in the area For coins or jewelry & maybe a CW era Minie if lucky.
After digging Much Clad & the deeper lower & mid tone signals, I got a Solid #73 on the Xlt, most of the Cents I dug were from the 1960-1970's & were reading around the #79 Range.
A week before I dug a Small Sterling ring that gave a 73 so I figured Why not it's only at est, 3 inches & out popped the
button , I thought wow this thing sat here for 150 years & survived all the Development Around it.
Just got Lucky.
Went back a few days later & found only more Clad ,'much' can-slaw & tabs.
Then dug a Small Half inch wide Silver Bracelet , near a Picnic Table.

Funny The area is in a bunch of Pine Trees & all the older Copper/Alloy Cents had that Dark Green Patina & I'm Glad the button has it as well.
GL finding another Large or Valuable Gold Ring...
Davers

roaddust66

Sep 22, 2013
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Impact , Tejon . Fisher F75, Vaquero, uMaxSilver, Cibola , Delta 4000, F2, Ace350 , original Bandido
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice ! We find quite a few around here !

3RINGER

Feb 1, 2009
Middle TN
Detector(s) used
GPX 4800, Blisstool V6, AT Pro, Makro Racer, CZ3D, XL PRO, Nokta Relic, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Pretty sure I've never seen one of those up here. Looks to be in great shape with a fine green patina. Supposed its Confederate then ? Lots to learn still on the relic stuff here, practically no civil war type items show up here, its often very old or new items here. Iv'e gotten some WWI stuff and some WWII and even some Vietnam related militaria lately I think.

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice ! We find quite a few around here !

Yeah.
At My relic Club Meetings I usually See about One maybe 2 dug every other month or so.
but
Usually by the guys with the better Landowner Relations and Decades of Site Knowledge either known by them or 'usually'
passed down to them.
You know how Secretive Relic Hunters can Be. Heck I'm the same way.

Davers

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty sure I've never seen one of those up here. Looks to be in great shape with a fine green patina. Supposed its Confederate then ? Lots to learn still on the relic stuff here, practically no civil war type items show up here, its often very old or new items here. Iv'e gotten some WWI stuff and some WWII and even some Vietnam related militaria lately I think.

Yes it's Confederate .
It's Always good to learn about new Stuff Everyday & about Everything you can esp, when it's good 'Solid" knowledge .
Like about History or some other important topic. 'Not last years American Idol Winner..LOL'

Before coming on this site , I knew very little about GW Buttons, Canada's Relics & Coins & Many Western US Relics
( Still Have Much To learn).

GL

Is it U who I always see Talking about nothing Good Coming out of you area ?
If so Keep-a -Huntin & you will Soon find Something Rare.
Again GL

Davers

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes it's Confederate .
It's Always good to learn about new Stuff Everyday & about Everything you can esp, when it's good 'Solid" knowledge .
Like about History or some other important topic. 'Not last years American Idol Winner..LOL'

Before coming on this site , I knew very little about GW Buttons, Canada's Relics & Coins & Many Western US Relics
( Still Have Much To learn).

GL

Is it U who I always see Talking about nothing Good Coming out of you area ?
If so Keep-a -Huntin & you will Soon find Something Rare.
Again GL

Davers

Hi Dave yep its me we live in the nearly no treasure zones here !! No civil war battles near here and people here are poor in the past mainly farming area. Yeah I used to get some big silver occasionally 20-30 years ago , so far this year no silver coinage above dime here. South - East part of Illinois here.

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What can I say but Killer button!Any cast CS button is outstanding, congratulations on that one man.

CSA2K

Jan 24, 2012
Winchester VA
Detector(s) used
This Minelab and this Pro-Pointer.. and that's all I need
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Dave yep its me we live in the nearly no treasure zones here !! No civil war battles near here and people here are poor in the past mainly farming area. Yeah I used to get some big silver occasionally 20-30 years ago , so far this year no silver coinage above dime here. South - East part of Illinois here.

I Feel ya CRM .
As many know folks in the SE part of the early US were poor as well ( Still Are) & in the 1800s Even much of the 1900's to lose a Dime or more ' IMO ' Would relate to me losing a Hundred Dollar Bill or 2.

I consider myself lucky to find a Silver Dime or 1 Civil War Bullet .

These Days I find myself Surrounded by trash.
Much of this depends on one Perspective = I don't really mind digging Clad Quarters & Dimes Cause as of today I can go out and buy Silver 'Common' Mercs for $1.30-$1.50 each & Quarters at an avg of $3.50 each and many times Common walkers at $7-8 Buck's each is cool with me.
Of course it's much Funner to dig these coins As you never know the type,date or Condition of these coins.

Don't mind digging Brass or Copper either ' tho their prices are down now as well' as the Weight adds up Quick.= $$$

I truly wish You Good Luck.

Davers

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread