First Civil War button! Confederate Cavalry!!

gheenoe78

Nov 21, 2014
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey y'all, finally found my first Civil War button tonight near Charleston, SC. Ive found bullets and other military buttons but never a Civil War button. Heat was blistering this afternoon and I almost bagged the hunt due to the heat and gnats. On one of my last pings I found a small button. Didnt even clean it til I got home but saw it was a two piece and thought it might be a union eagle button. When I got home I brushed it lightly with a toothbrush and saw a script letter. 13mm. Albert's book helped me identify it as a Confederate cavalry button. I'm thrilled and plan to put it in a frame along with some of the bullets ive found and a reprint 1863 map of Charleston and its surrounding batteries. Thanks for looking!
IMG_20150621_205219.jpg
IMG_20150621_204855.jpg
IMG_20150621_205407631.jpg

Upvote 25

relic lover

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2006
Western PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE With a plethora of coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That button could have followed JEB Stuart all over creation what a piece of history. congrats on your first button being quite noteworthy. That's the way it works when you hunt really good places my first silver coin was an 1853 seated dime. The display you intend to make sounds great be sure to post a picture when its done.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread