First day back in the fields after a LONG Winter - and Success! :)

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finds were very thin, and a shame this one isn't a little prettier, but never the less I am very happy with it.

Lord Nelson patriotic button. Reads Nelson - Victory. Some of you may remember a beautiful cufflink a friend of mine found last Summer that read the same... made the banner in fact. I wasn't anywhere near as lucky for condition, but at least now I have one which I never thought I would. So a good start to 2017. Ironhorse got his start too! ;)

Attachments

• thumbnail_20170405_201639zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.jpg
    thumbnail_20170405_201639zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:
Upvote 15

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
It's a winner in my books!
It's getting tough to find something new but I'm up for the challenge. You met the challenge and will no doubt get something great next time too

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a winner in my books!
It's getting tough to find something new but I'm up for the challenge. You met the challenge and will no doubt get something great next time too

The peroxide didn't help anything, and seeing a spec of gilt I decided I had to go nuclear. :laughing7: But I'm good with it, because if a little worse I likely never would have been able to ID it.

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I think condition tells part of the tale IP. I do remember the button from last fall, and the history surrounding Lord Nelson himself. Excellent find and I'm glad you've been able to get out. You Canada boys always find the good stuff and make the best out of your short seasons. I hope to see much more killer stuff bud. Congrats on the (1st) KILLER BUTTON (of 2017)!

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think condition tells part of the tale IP. I do remember the button from last fall, and the history surrounding Lord Nelson himself. Excellent find and I'm glad you've been able to get out. You Canada boys always find the good stuff and make the best out of your short seasons. I hope to see much more killer stuff bud. Congrats on the (1st) KILLER BUTTON (of 2017)!

Pretty sure you're the guy who's killing it! :)

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like your hands have soften over the Winter...lol:thumbsup:

Time to get back at it....

OutdoorAdv

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2013
East Coast - USA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
GPX 4500,
Equinox 800,
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great to see you guys back at it IP. Killer button man.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Super find, Congratulations!!! :hello2:

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
Looks like both of you dug a nice button - congrats! And it's ironic that you guys are just getting back into the swing of things (pun intended) while I just had to shut it down for the season due to weeds and crop planting. So go dig a nice one for me ....

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Looks like both of you dug a nice button - congrats! And it's ironic that you guys are just getting back into the swing of things (pun intended) while I just had to shut it down for the season due to weeds and crop planting. So go dig a nice one for me ....

For a second I almost felt bad for Bill. Then I reread his posts and got wicked jealous. Lol.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread