First gold of the year and its a pretty one !

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Evey once in a while you get a "Sign" some sort of event or happening that means that todays hunt will be extra special out of the blue ! For today that sign occurred while trying to find a signal, suddenly there was no signal response in the dig, I noticed there was a clump of dirt on the screwdrivers shaft, weird !! So I tweaked it with my finger and some dirt fell off then wow a ring became visible !! :hello2:
4_26_2015 lost signal kids ring.jpg

Later on into the hunt for some reason I dug a low conductive signal an 06 on the E-Tracs conductive readout. You know what these most often are the foil that gets removed from plastic milk bottle tops. Only this time it was not one of those times !!! After prying some dirt out of a hole some unexpected colors showed up red and gleaming gold :hello2:

4_26_2015 10k in the dirt.jpg

Ring weighed, has 10k stamped inside.

4_26_2015 2,2g 10k.jpg

All of todays goods:

4_26_2015 1st 10k of the year.jpg

Heres todays trash, not as much as some days, but there it is.

4_26_2015 todays trash.jpg
Hope you enjoyed seeing my first gold of the year :headbang:

P.S. While I am no expert on stones, this just might be my first ever Ruby ring also , how cool is that ???

Upvote 21
OP
OP
CoinandRelicMan

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's so Sweet and it is Awesome looking, Congrats!!

I found my first gold of the year earlier in the year, it was also my first ever gold. I know I was on cloud 9 all week. Lol

Hi deershed, Thanks much pal ! Yeah me too :occasion14:

Sweet!!Love the lost gold treasures!! Way more gold rings in the foil range, than nickel range..SHHHH about those foil bottle seals signals, JK...But really almost every white gold& some very small non-solid yellow gold rings I have found,rang in at solid foil cap range...on a T2,Cz6a & Atpro all exactly the numbers for those foils tops!

Hi DigginYella :hello: Yeah white gold is the "UBER TOUGH" stuff to find, have only found two white gold items so far I think, one for a wedding band return and another for a small heart ring. Great, thanks for the confirm ! :headbang:

Nice for sure.
I only manage to average one gold ring a year, not counting recovery "jobs" so I like to see them come out too.
Buddy of mine once found 2 in ten minutes.

Hi Rick good to hear from you ! Wow the "GOLD ringium burns !" Bet you started diggin more trash after that :laughing7:

That's a nice one for sure. I would be very happy with that under my coil. Congrats,
ZDD

Hi Zodiacdiverdave :hello: Definite gave my feet the "Power" to keep going !! Thanks !

Nice find wow

Hi nsdq, thanks bro ! :headbang:

Nice One!!!!

Hi trdking , thanks :headbang:

richardson

Jan 8, 2014
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus;
Nokta Makro Anfibio;
Garrett AT Pro;