First Gold Ring!

Dave2000

Oct 13, 2014
Long Island, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT (Coils: 5x8, stock, Tornado)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Last signal of the day on a site I've been to dozens of times. The VDI on my AT Pro was around 77, and the overall signal seemed like a Zincoln at around 2". Total shock, I've dug those signals a million times. Amazed to see this came out.

Men's ring from the now defunct Eastern Military Academy, 1958. 10K with owner's initials on the inside.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 204
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    346.7 KB · Views: 141
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    479.5 KB · Views: 141
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    490.9 KB · Views: 129
Upvote 12
Awesome ring! Maybe you can track down an owner, that would be so cool

Very nice chunk of gold! Looks nearly new too.

Steve

Nice find. Only two inches deep. He might still be alive.

Very nice. I wish the one I found last night looked as good as yours. Is the maker Balfour?

Congrats on your 1st Gold ring. I have yet to dig a class ring. Is there a name or initials inscribed?

Not sure about the manufacturer-- I'll check again.

Congrats on your 1st Gold ring. I have yet to dig a class ring. Is there a name or initials inscribed?

There are initials on the inside. The school has been defunct for quite a while but I'm going to see what I can find out. The owner would be 76 years old now.

That's one sweet ring, congrats :thumbsup:

Happy days!!!!...you wont forget that one ,very cool!

Thanks for all the feedback. By the way, this was found on a narrow strip of land where I park when I go into the woods at a local park. I've never really detected that strip-- maybe one or two times when I was by my car, but never found anything there, not even clad. Great stuff in the woods, but I'd pretty much ignored the little area by the parking lot.

I've found two detailed almni lists for the school, but nothing matching the initials in the ring, so the research continues.

Wow - Congratulations! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back