Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Garrett Ace 250
Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1447998058.340343.jpg
Went out into my back yard for my first hunt today! I just found nails! Lol. Had to keep them though, as they were my first! The small one on the end was the first thing I dug. Pretty exciting considering that it's all basically junk, lol!

Upvote 7

Greastart

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2014
Far North Corner of CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro and a Garrett Carrot
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
Jugg,

Cool you can appreciate finding "something."

Imagine how enthusiastic you'd be if you dug nothing! I've only had my detector for a very short time, but I can't wait to get out this weekend. Kinda like that "first" girlfriend. Can't wait to see her again!!

Welcome to your new addiction.

Grease

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
now get a 5 gal pail and put all your junk finds in it just metal and when it is full take it in and sell it for scrap metal. Now your junk find just turned into cash. Take your cash and buy silver coins. Now your junk cash has turned in to silver coins. Can not get better then this. Have fun and welcome to the world of detecting.....Matt

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
now get a 5 gal pail and put all your junk finds in it just metal and when it is full take it in and sell it for scrap metal. Now your junk find just turned into cash. Take your cash and buy silver coins. Now your junk cash has turned in to silver coins. Can not get better then this. Have fun and welcome to the world of detecting.....Matt

I save all my "junk" sort it and sell as scrap, then buy Morgan Silver dollars! Had over $100 in scrap, last season!!

Greastart

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2014
Far North Corner of CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro and a Garrett Carrot
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
I save all my "junk" sort it and sell as scrap, then buy Morgan Silver dollars! Had over $100 in scrap, last season!!

I think I'll do this next year! Thanks for the suggestion! I've just been tossing mine in the trash.

digger460

Silver Member
Sep 19, 2015
Southeast Grundy, Illinois
Detector(s) used
EQ600, EQ800 and a Carrot
Primary Interest:
Other
And finer nails I have never seen! Congrats on your first's. Definitely recycle if for nothing else "Batteries":icon_thumleft:

goldbmine

Nov 13, 2015
North Ga.
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At least your on the right track, and that's finding something! Way to go!

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome and what kind of machine are you using? Make sure to memorize the owner's manual and run it through all of the different functions. Now go to a local park that allows detecting and find some coins and jewelry. Dig everything for a while, until you learn the discrimination on your machine. Best of luck, Sub 8-)

goldbmine

Nov 13, 2015
North Ga.
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Didn't think of that, great idea! Been saving my coins in a 5 gallon bucket to see what they add up to in a year. Got about 2 inches of the bottom covered already. Only quarters,dimes and nickels are put in. Zincons get eat up in the ground here so I only keep pennies 1980 and back. Just my standard and there kept in a separate jar. Hope I have enough change to but another detector!

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Been there, done that. It gets better the more you swing the coil and the more you learn your detector. I see coins and cool relics in your future.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread