First Hunt of 2017: Silver, Wheat, and Some Birds

Hunter101

Feb 24, 2016
Utah
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/Garrett Ace 350/Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally found a day that wasn't beyond cold here in Utah. Managed to get out to a park that was created in the 1880's but has never produced anything. This park lays adjacent to a golf course founded around the same date. I did two outings today with a break for lunch. In between the park and golf course is mini forest and when I say mini, I mean mini. Like a dozen trees. Well I went out to this forest and started whacking the dead leaves. I found all sorts of garbage and even a dwelling for a homeless person I imagine vacated several years ago. I got an assortment of clad, a bird pendant, a christian pendant, a wheatie from 1958 that's not in the photos and silver!! I had forgotten that color of silver coming out of the ground. I don't find much silver here as I only found 12 coins last year and half of those were from out of state. Well anyway, it was a 1956D silver Roosevelt dime. Oh do I love that color of silver coming out of the ground. I told my wife I was on a streak. She asked how so and I told her today is day one. :laughing7: Hoping next time is day two!!

Cheers,
Thanks for looking

IMG_1129.JPG
IMG_1139.JPG
IMG_1143.JPG
IMG_1134.JPG
IMG_1135.JPG
IMG_1136.JPG

Upvote 5

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread