First hunt with the Deus 2

Ed_DE

Feb 23, 2019
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got a Deus 2 WS6 with the 9" coil & WSA 2 headphones from Bart @ big boy hobbies. This WS6 with the 9" coil package is the lightest metal detector I ever swung. I can metal detect all day long with the WS6 & not get arm fatigue. My first good find was a nickel & it was about 9" down. That boosted my confidence that the deus WS6 can go deep. I did get fooled a couple of times with deep iron. But for the most part I think it dose a better job in iron than my Manticore.
IMG_2165.jpeg

OP
OP
Ed_DE

Ed_DE

Feb 23, 2019
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just want to give an update after using the Deus 2 WS6 Master for the past 8 months. I really like using the Deus 2 at relic sites with lots of iron. I dig very little iron [square nails] at these sites compared to my Manticore and I made some nice finds at my hunted out sites. I also got the 13X11 coil. I like the coverage I get with the coil. It's very light weigh & well-balanced . I don't get arm fatigue using with the 13X11 coil.

But I been having a problem with the puck turning off while using and I can't turn it back on. The first time it happen I sent it back to XP service center. I was told the circuit board needed to be reset and I got it back with a fast turnaround time. Now it happen again yesterday while detecting for a second time. Going to contact XP service today and request a new puck. I will keep you updated what XP does.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Just want to give an update after using the Deus 2 WS6 Master for the past 8 months. I really like using the Deus 2 at relic sites with lots of iron. I dig very little iron [square nails] at these sites compared to my Manticore and I made some nice finds at my hunted out sites. I also got the 13X11 coil. I like the coverage I get with the coil. It's very light weigh & well-balanced . I don't get arm fatigue using with the 13X11 coil.

But I been having a problem with the puck turning off while using and I can't turn it back on. The first time it happen I sent it back to XP service center. I was told the circuit board needed to be reset and I got it back with a fast turnaround time. Now it happen again yesterday while detecting for a second time. Going to contact XP service today and request a new puck. I will keep you updated what XP does.
Can you do a reset yourself on the puck?
I should know this but have never had to reset the puck or the remote.

aShardOfHistory

Oct 14, 2023
Essex UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro
Deus 2
I just got a Deus 2 WS6 with the 9" coil & WSA 2 headphones from Bart @ big boy hobbies. This WS6 with the 9" coil package is the lightest metal detector I ever swung. I can metal detect all day long with the WS6 & not get arm fatigue. My first good find was a nickel & it was about 9" down. That boosted my confidence that the deus WS6 can go deep. I did get fooled a couple of times with deep iron. But for the most part I think it dose a better job in iron than my Manticore. View attachment 2088292
Nice hunt, even the master remote with xy profile and 13x11 gets fooled by big deep iron

OP
OP
Ed_DE

Ed_DE

Feb 23, 2019
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you do a reset yourself on the puck?
I should know this but have never had to reset the puck or the remote.
No, need to take puck apart to reset board. It's something the service center needs to do.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice hunt, even the master remote with xy profile and 13x11 gets fooled by big deep iron
I hunted always with the X/Y screen on the Deus 1, but I never have taken to it on the Deus ll for some odd reason.
I think it worked better on the D1, then again maybe it's just getting use to it on the D2.

Cast iron (stove/pot pieces) the #83/84 for sq. nails, broken horse shoes. Iron that has a hole also is a big trickster.

In scanning and the number dropping from a high to a low is a great indication of it being iron, especially on a 90 degree turn sweep.

Bucket Lister

Dec 20, 2023
Detector(s) used
XP Dēus II
XP MI-6
XP WSA II-XL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Im getting closer and closer everyday to pulling the trigger on the Deus II, glad you like it!
I'm a newb, the Dēus II is my first detector, and I'm loving it. 😍

I hunted always with the X/Y screen on the Deus 1, but I never have taken to it on the Deus ll for some odd reason.
I think it worked better on the D1, then again maybe it's just getting use to it on the D2.
I haven't tried the X/Y screen yet (not even sure how to access it) but I will. 😊

What I have been using (or trying to) are the ferrous/non-ferrous screens. Is this function not useful?
1708958048137.png

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the X/Y screen better.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Update ... I just spoke with Moe at the service center and he told me to send it in and he's going to replace the circuit board.
That's great news that they have no issue in doing that.
I thought there was a factory reset feature on the control, where a person could do it manually from the menu.

I haven't tried the X/Y screen yet (not even sure how to access it) but I will. 😊

What I have been using (or trying to) are the ferrous/non-ferrous screens. Is this function not useful?
View attachment 2133686
Turn on, hit option
20240226_094504.jpg

Now pick settings
20240226_094521.jpg

20240226_094530.jpg

Press the + twice
20240226_094550.jpg

JB Hunts

Dec 21, 2023
I just got a Deus 2 WS6 with the 9" coil & WSA 2 headphones from Bart @ big boy hobbies. This WS6 with the 9" coil package is the lightest metal detector I ever swung. I can metal detect all day long with the WS6 & not get arm fatigue. My first good find was a nickel & it was about 9" down. That boosted my confidence that the deus WS6 can go deep. I did get fooled a couple of times with deep iron. But for the most part I think it dose a better job in iron than my Manticore. View attachment 2088292
I use the D2 with RC. Only difference is longer battery life and a few more custom settings....but you will love the machine and how light it is for a long time! JB

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great post with great insights from all
Thanks for sharing….

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ed.happy to hear the D2 will get fixed.
Good post thanks for sharing

aShardOfHistory

Oct 14, 2023
Essex UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro
Deus 2

Cast iron (stove/pot pieces) the #83/84 for sq. nails, broken horse shoes. Iron that has a hole also is a big trickster.

In scanning and the number dropping from a high to a low is a great indication of it being iron, especially on a 90 degree turn sweep.m
84 same as an old large half penny I got a 4" 2cm wide ring about 20cm down.. sounded so nice and steady 84 from all directions.

Found a 1941 half penny a few meters before the ring xD

Ism

Jun 17, 2009
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Whites TDI
Minelab Sovereign GT
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First detector? Wow, you dove right into the deep end of the pool.
Nothing wrong with that, you don't have to deal with relearning a different detector.
Over the years I upgraded to different detectors but found the "upgrades" underwhelming until getting the Deus.
It made wading through trash and iron almost fun. Especially when I would find targets others (including myself) missed over the years.

Last edited:

Bucket Lister

Dec 20, 2023
Detector(s) used
XP Dēus II
XP MI-6
XP WSA II-XL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
First detector? Wow, you dove right into the deep end of the pool.
Yeah, I tend to do that. It's kind of a life philosophy. Since it's a bucket list item/hobby, I figured I'm only ever going to own this one. I did my homework, and no regrets/buyer's remorse. If I'm wrong and I decide I'm as hooked as the rest of you guys, no harm--no foul--I've still got a good first/starter machine. If I'd gone too cheap, I might lose interest out of frustration with something too basic.

When I was a kid and interested in learning guitar, my folks took me to a new & used guitar dealer who was also a retired music teacher.

I'll never forget the advice he gave us; it has applied to so much else in life.

He said if you give a kid a "cheap" (low-cost, poor quality) instrument that's difficult to play and that s/he doesn't like the sound of, s/he is less likely to fall in love with that instrument, less likely to practice, and it will collect dust in the corner. No-one will want it 2nd hand.

OTOH, get a reasonable quality instrument that's easy (enough) to play and sounds decent, and that kid is more likely to develop a relationship with his/her instrument for life.

I didn't get a Martin that day, but I didn't get a cheapie Kay either. I got something I didn't hate the sound of, that didn't make my fingers bleed the first time I picked it up... and I loved it, and learned to play it.

Result: I still love guitar, and after many years, I got my Martin, and have loved playing it ever since.
(and the Missus plays banjo. 😉)

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Update ... I just spoke with Moe at the service center and he told me to send it in and he's going to replace the circuit board.
Moe is great! Glad XP has him to fix them when problems arise.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm a newb, the Dēus II is my first detector, and I'm loving it.
Love this! the XP Deus II is really not hard at all to learn if you stay in stock settings. They are so good right out of the box. It's not even funny.

I tell all my new customers just a few simple settings to get them going and it works out really well for them. Very easy machine to run when you just listen to it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread