First Hunt

Confederate Sailor

Aug 9, 2013
Athens, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Micro-Max, Garrett Ace 400.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I posted this in Today's Finds but it didn't get any attention.

Anyway, I met up with Silver Worm today at a location near us for my first hunt. Of course we found our fair share of tabs, bottle tops and such. His AT Pro harvested several dollars worth of coins. I tried my noob luck and found a 1989 Lincoln and a fired two ring .54 caliber Confederate Gardner bullet with my Ace 250.

image-102928997.jpg

image-2473767963.jpg

image-3688102032.jpg

Last edited:
Great find! The bullet that is. Lol I've only found casings, round balls and mini balls. Really want a two or three ringer. And to find a crunched one is so cool. Except for the guy it may have hit.
Ray

Last edited:
Thanks! I thought it was odd that I found one since there wasn't any fighting near us. However, out town did have its own rifle company and I suspect it was fired during training. Several Confederate soldiers lie in the cemetery about 75-100 yards from where I dug the bullet.

My Garrett Pro pointer came in yesterday afternoon before I went to work so I hit a public spot on the way home from work. I managed to dig quite a few modern pennies and a 1962 nickel. If nothing else it's confidence boosting knowing that my equipment and methods are yielding results. Onward!

Thanks for sharing! And nice find on that bullet! Keep at it and the finds will come. I am getting ready to use my Minelab Xterra for the first time (I previously hunted with a Tesoro Cibola) so I am interested to see how similar/different this one is. Keep hunting and keep showing us your finds! Happy hunting!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back