epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
Been a while since I added something from Paterson to my bottle collection, been even longer since it was a unknown/undocumented Paterson bottle, but thanks to Ebayer 'oppknocks' from Upper Black Eddy, Pennsylvania I was able to do just that. There were 5 variants until a few days ago when this one showed up on Ebay.
I had to do a little research because Swinley used regular and citrate style lips on his quart hutches, luckily this variant with the tombstone slugplate had only been seen with regular hutch lips up until now, this makes 61 different quart hutches from Paterson and close to 190 hutches of all sizes. I'm on the quest to get to 200...

$$$$$SWIN.jpg
$$$$$SWINS1.jpg
$$$$$SWINS2.jpg

Goldenplug

Jul 30, 2014
Upstate, ny
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250 8.5 x 11 dd coil, teknetics t2, sniper coil, dd coild, lesche digger, gator tool, garrett propointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm interested to see how you display 190 hutches.

OP
OP
epackage

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
Here are a few ways, some quarts with their matching smaller variants as well as some other shelving. I am in the process of moving so there will be new displays built....

Display2.JPG
Display hutches.jpg

GaRebel1861

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2011
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those shelves look great! Good luck on getting to 200. You sure have an impressive collection.

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great addition and post Jim. Be very careful in the moving process. You may want to leave it to the professionals ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1452559625.967894.jpg

NJKLAGT

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
epackage, that is awesome! What a beautiful collection.

I've gotta ask then - "why Paterson?"

Is it your hometown, or, are you simply interested in its history?

Can't wait to see you hit 200!

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NJKLAGT, epackage is Paterson,NJ. He has an extensive collection of glass and stoneware that is second to none. Matter of fact, with his collection you could actually open a Paterson museum of bottlers.

NJKLAGT

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, what an astonishing achievement. I can only imagine that this has taken years and years and a lot of hard work and research. Must be worth it though, to stand there in that room of shelves!

Beautiful.

OP
OP
epackage

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
epackage, that is awesome! What a beautiful collection.

I've gotta ask then - "why Paterson?"

Is it your hometown, or, are you simply interested in its history?

Can't wait to see you hit 200!
I grew up in the next town over, family worked in Paterson, it's place in history is why I collect from there. The fact there is so much to collect adds to the enjoyment. There might be 1,000 antique bottles from Paterson, at this point we have documented over 800. Bass is correct i have enough stuff in my collection to start a museum, it's much more than just bottles and stoneware though, I have all minds of stuff that's Paterson related....

NJKLAGT

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Something told me that you weren't the kind of guy who was gonna stop at only hutches, but go for it and get the little medicine bottles and everything else too! It's so cool to see collectors focus on one specific thing, because it keeps everything in one place, under the watchful eye of someone who really cares, a museum is born, like you said, and I feel like that better ensures the survival of the history. If you have one bottle here and one bottle there and those single bottles don't mean much to those individuals, there's no knowing how much they'll get moved around or where they'll end up or what will become of them. Amazing work, keep it up!

So.........do you have a favourite? Haha, 'just asking the hard questions.

OP
OP
epackage

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
Something told me that you weren't the kind of guy who was gonna stop at only hutches, but go for it and get the little medicine bottles and everything else too! It's so cool to see collectors focus on one specific thing, because it keeps everything in one place, under the watchful eye of someone who really cares, a museum is born, like you said, and I feel like that better ensures the survival of the history. If you have one bottle here and one bottle there and those single bottles don't mean much to those individuals, there's no knowing how much they'll get moved around or where they'll end up or what will become of them. Amazing work, keep it up!

So.........do you have a favourite? Haha, 'just asking the hard questions.

I have close to 700 bottles of all types from the area and about 225 stoneware jugs and bottes. Here are a few of my personal favorites.

The painting I just got at auction, the sellers didn't know it is a 1830-40's oil on board of the Passaic Falls in Paterson, the actual force behind the industrial revolution in this country. It inspired Alexander Hamilton to set up the local mills to be powered by using raceways for the water, it is now the centerpiece to my collection and will be going on display at the Paterson Museum for a year before being displayed at a few other worthy places in the area....

Archdeacon Mineral Water.jpg
Kinch Weiss Beer Cobalt.JPG
099.JPG
$$$$falls.jpg

Last edited:

sunrunner

Feb 22, 2012
georgia
Detector(s) used
Garrett 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jim all I have to say is , you are lucky to live in a city with so many bottlers . some times I miss new jersey .

NJKLAGT

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Such beautiful things. Those two mineral waters are absolutely stunning. I can't even imagine holding something like that. And that jug, oh goodness.

Yeah I saw that waterfall right away when I looked at the Wiki for Paterson earlier, I've always been an Alexander Hamilton fan too. Hah, whenever I go shooting my BB gun in the woods I say that I'm "avenging Hamilton's ghost", no word of a lie

Goldenplug

Jul 30, 2014
Upstate, ny
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250 8.5 x 11 dd coil, teknetics t2, sniper coil, dd coild, lesche digger, gator tool, garrett propointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ePackage, your display is very impressive! (To say the least!). Thank you for following up. I'm glad I asked.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread