Oldrvrrat57

Jan 2, 2022
Illinois
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 and XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Received my Legend on Wednesday and finally got out today to test it out. I went to a site that I've hunted for several years and was surprised to find a few keepers. I first hit this field with a Teknetics T2 and then the Deus 2. It's going to take me a few outings to figure out the legend but so far I'm pleased with its performance.
1000001203.jpg

Attachments

• 1000001202.jpg
    1000001202.jpg
    184.1 KB · Views: 9
Upvote 19

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Received my Legend on Wednesday and finally got out today to test it out. I went to a site that I've hunted for several years and was surprised to find a few keepers. I first hit this field with a Teknetics T2 and then the Deus 2. It's going to take me a few outings to figure out the legend but so far I'm pleased with its performance.
View attachment 2141703
Very nice Congratulations
Good luck with your new detector.

Peterw

Aug 9, 2015
Blairsville Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Legend had some quirks when it first come out but with the updates it’s on point now and just a beast. In fairness tho the Deus 2 was a bit of a flop too until the updates fixed the bugs.. I ran both quite a bit and when it comes down to it I felt the legend was just a little bit better ,not just performance but coil selection,price, etc. Congrats on the finds, nice first run

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Legend had some quirks when it first come out but with the updates it’s on point now and just a beast. In fairness tho the Deus 2 was a bit of a flop too until the updates fixed the bugs.. I ran both quite a bit and when it comes down to it I felt the legend was just a little bit better ,not just performance but coil selection,price, etc. Congrats on the finds, nice first run
Nice reply and glad you have the Legend dialed in
Take care..

OP
OP
Oldrvrrat57

Oldrvrrat57

Jan 2, 2022
Illinois
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I had to update it when I received it, I'm not really happy with the weight of it , doesn't seem well balanced. But I'll adjust to it.

Peterw

Aug 9, 2015
Blairsville Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had to update it when I received it, I'm not really happy with the weight of it , doesn't seem well balanced. But I'll adjust to it.
The weight is the only thing I don't like myself. But I just figure I swung a etrac for years and although it's heavy it produced like a dream, so I take that same approach with the Legend.

RobNC

Jan 5, 2019
NC
Detector(s) used
EQ800 (Stock Coil), Nokta Legend (LG30/LG24)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Took my new Legend out for another outing today. For some reason at this particular location it was really chatty and annoying. I was even encountering interference my Nokta Accupoint and the Legend. I'd turn on the Accupoint and the Legend would start pitching a fit. Numerous Noise Cancels did not nothing to stop it. Using LG 30 coil. Seemed ridiculously sensitive today. Had to knock the sensitivity down to 18 in places. Also tried single frequency and the chatter immediately stopped. Was able to ratchet up the 4 khz past 24. 10khz worked ok and so did 15. But 20 and 40 were being stupidly annoying.
In all fairness this place hunted today is full of trash. Loads of modern pull tabs, older beaver tails, can slaw galore. I even found a big piece of rolled wire just under the surface. Even with the howling wind, very hostile EMI/RFI in some areas and all that JUNK in the ground I still managed to find a couple clad quarters, a dime, and numerous pennies.

I will also agree the Legend weight is not much fun. I've been having some troubles with tendonitis and must admit a couple hours with the Legend made the tennis elbow/forearm area really cut up. It feels a lot more heavy than my EQ 800. Like some of you mentioned, maybe it is a balance issue. But stubborn is stubborn, and I just switched arms and kept rotating back and forth. Using both sides of my brain! But it did reach a point where I was simply done. The tendonitis said "hey man, I'm going to really crank up some pain on you until you leave!" It won.

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
I've been using a Legend exclusively for over a year now.
My initial thoughts were that it's not a lot different than my old Minelab but its lighter and just a bit more capable of picking out the small things in heavy iron, but beyond that I dont feel theres any great advantages or disadvantages over other similar features or functions of other top rated multi frequency units.
I'm not a huge advocate of comparing unit A vs unit B, basically all metal detectors work, it's just finding the right one for you at this time.
All I can say is once you and your machine click you can find all the treasure you want whether it's this, that, or the other thing.
It's a great tool to have in the field for finding relics and coins...I prove it everytime I go out detecting !
Now if the companies could just come out with new and exciting sites for us to hunt then I'd be happier with their products lol

Lenrac2

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2021
Illinois
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Denise-Nokta Legend/Garrett Apex Nox600
Bob-AT Max/ Nox800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Took my new Legend out for another outing today. For some reason at this particular location it was really chatty and annoying. I was even encountering interference my Nokta Accupoint and the Legend. I'd turn on the Accupoint and the Legend would start pitching a fit. Numerous Noise Cancels did not nothing to stop it. Using LG 30 coil. Seemed ridiculously sensitive today. Had to knock the sensitivity down to 18 in places. Also tried single frequency and the chatter immediately stopped. Was able to ratchet up the 4 khz past 24. 10khz worked ok and so did 15. But 20 and 40 were being stupidly annoying.
In all fairness this place hunted today is full of trash. Loads of modern pull tabs, older beaver tails, can slaw galore. I even found a big piece of rolled wire just under the surface. Even with the howling wind, very hostile EMI/RFI in some areas and all that JUNK in the ground I still managed to find a couple clad quarters, a dime, and numerous pennies.

I will also agree the Legend weight is not much fun. I've been having some troubles with tendonitis and must admit a couple hours with the Legend made the tennis elbow/forearm area really cut up. It feels a lot more heavy than my EQ 800. Like some of you mentioned, maybe it is a balance issue. But stubborn is stubborn, and I just switched arms and kept rotating back and forth. Using both sides of my brain! But it did reach a point where I was simply done. The tendonitis said "hey man, I'm going to really crank up some pain on you until you leave!" It won.
I suffer from tendinitis too and those velcro arm bands help quite a bit.

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
View attachment 2141703
hope you like your legend as much as I like mine! its a target gitter.

OP
OP
Oldrvrrat57

Oldrvrrat57

Jan 2, 2022
Illinois
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Took it out again today for a few hours on a site that I've hammered pretty hard this spring and pulled out a shield nickel, 2 indians and a wheaty! Like I said I'm pleased with the results I'm having with the Legend !

Attachments

• 20240406_181626.jpg
    20240406_181626.jpg
    791.9 KB · Views: 3

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Took it out again today for a few hours on a site that I've hammered pretty hard this spring and pulled out a shield nickel, 2 indians and a wheaty! Like I said I'm pleased with the results I'm having with the Legend !
Very nice recoveries
Congratulations
Good luck with your new detector

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions