Greenie
Feb 1, 2016
Brownsville
Detector(s) used
White's Coin Master Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
image.jpeg image.jpeg
Since starting detecting two months ago and finding a total of about $10, all in clad, I finally found my first relic. A USC Co. bullet made in 1918. Woo-hoo!

Upvote 6

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Many more to come your way...I hope yer ready. Keep at it and you will soon be consumed as most folks are on here:laughing7:

parsonwalker

Bronze Member
Feb 16, 2013
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Modified GI Mine Detector (In the 60s)
Metrotech (In the 70s)
Tesoro Tejon (Now!)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good job! Enjoy a fine spring with lots more where that came from!

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's just the beginning!! Life as you know it is about to change.

Welcome to t-net and the addiction[emoji482]

HH, Relic Nut

Robotics

Feb 20, 2016
Central Virginia
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the find. I myself have been at it for about a month now. Just finding a bunch of old square nails, a few horse shoes, and what seems to be tractor parts (or heavy equipment).
Only place so far I can find coins are in my own yard. Earliest dates back to 1952.

tanz 82

Mar 16, 2012
N.mass- S.nh
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep going ! It took me a lot of time and research before I started to find the good stuff . Old maps and Google earth are your friend! Welcome to the addiction!!!!

OP
OP
J

jcp1960

Greenie
Feb 1, 2016
Brownsville
Detector(s) used
White's Coin Master Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd be happy to find a square nail. My town goes back to the early mid-1800's. Sad thing is that anything older than about 75 to 100 years they make it into a park or put a sign up to protect the site. You are allowed to detect but not dig. I'm only about 25 minutes from South Padre Island but have only been able to get out there a couple of times so far. .06 in clad and a recent $100 peso coin from Mexico and a lot of junk. But I will keep trying. Thanks for the post.

OP
OP
J

jcp1960

Greenie
Feb 1, 2016
Brownsville
Detector(s) used
White's Coin Master Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have been using Google earth/maps a lot. If you don't already know about it, try out NETR.com. It's an amazing site. I bring up an aerial view of an local address from 2012, then I can split the screen with an aerial view of the same area from 1953. You can then slide the picture left and right to see what's changed. An example is a current elementary school here used to be a ball park for a semi pro baseball team we had back in the 40's and 50's. Gonna try and get out there sometime soon. Keep digging and good luck to you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread