First Silver of the year is a BUST!

Cal_Cobra

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2008
Northern California
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800 & Makro Multi Kruzer, the rest are collecting dust...
A friend and I have been researching and hunting an early California area for a few years, and have managed to pull some nice finds out of it in the past. We went down there for the new year, and after hunting an adobe site that was written off as hunted out, I managed to pull out a find that's been on my bucket list for a while, a bust half! These are more rare then gold coins in California. Also found a trigger guard from a 1700's Spanish pistol, a black powder muzzle loader, and a decorative buckle (shoe buckle?) that looks like the ones I see posted found in colonial cellar holes back east (not the best photo, but it has a nice decoration and was originally gold gilt).

Here's some photos of my finds.

Happy hunting,
Brian

Upvote 18

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats, someday I will find one. That is so cool.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
congrats on the awesome finds...happy dance?

jolteon

Feb 22, 2014
When you said BUST I thought you meant draped bust silver and i thought to myself that you had a lifetime find! You still had a great find only capped busts I ever found was a po 1 dime or half dime I can't even tell! And the other the only half cent I ever found! (I got extremely lucky I found a cache of coins in the first few weeks I got my metal detector! I know none of you still don't believe I did but i don't care if you do or don't all that matters is that I know I found it and I am very happy with it!) Anyway back to topic your coin is in very nice condition and it is a great find! Happy Hunting!!!
Jolteon

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions