deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My new CTX arrived yesterday and with a little over an hour to play with it, the kid and I did a little swinging in the yard.
My first hit was a 12-46 at 4". I flip a plug and see this small blue canister. Little did I know the kid buried it here back when we got our new AT Pros late Febuary. He buried different things so we could play around and see what different items would ring up as. I had no idea he buried this and he totally forgot about it until it popped out of the ground. lol.
Not bad for a first find although the kid says I can't count it in my silver count. Lol
This evening when I got home from work we did a little more swinging with the CTX. The kid finds a 1889 Indian Head and I found what I first thought was a silver ring. It's not marked, it looks good but, we think it's just a junker. It also rang up 12-46.
I can never get the kids pics of his finds so I'll have to post a pic of his IH later.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 116
Upvote 17

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like the CTX was showing off for the ATPs! Nice, finding memories, the silver, IH and ring! That's awesome.

I've been looking over the years for a one gallon paint can/time capsule my kids buried years back. I was beginning to wonder just how deep they buried it, till the other day my son happened to mentioned they had dug it up about a year after they buried it, for ice cream money! Lol!
So I've been looking for something that's not even there! I was beginning to doubt my detector's ability, but you can't find what's not there!

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'd count it. You found it, right? Wtg on the find with the new 'tector.

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silver is silver

Top Member Reactions