First solid roll of dimes, plus a nice half haul :)

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had to schlep a bunch of crap across town so I hit a bank cluster I had not before. Most of the banks had nothing, but one had some halves and dimes. I said I would love to have the halves and also some dimes. She said she could sell me $100 in dimes and I could have all the halves. I said ill take them. Immediately she plops a pile of silver halves on the counter, the musical ring was so loud I was sure the manager would come running out screaming silver! SILVER!!!. I happily took the coin and went on my merry way. Later, while opening the dimes I came across one roll that made my day:

dimes.jpg

Got to love those old wrappers! The bank still exists but the area code for the phone number was from 3-4 decades ago. I returned later in the day and traded for the remainder of the dimes (she said she needed $25 worth on hand) and bought all their quarters. Skunk on all that. So, on this small hunt I scored:

Dimes: [FONT=&quot]40, 46x18, 47x6, 48x3, 51, 52x2, 53, 54, 58, 59, 60x2, 61x2, 62, 63x2, 64x8[/FONT]
Halves: 54, 62, 64x6, 66

Love this CRHing thing! HH!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
namster

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice job, i have yet to find a solid roll... hh
buff

Do you ask for dimes? I never did until recently, assuming the are was hunted out. I just started asking a month ago and it payed off today.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice haul there namster! I haven't found that many in total. Cwr's of dimes will usually give something up in 100.00 worth from our small bank here, they never order for the bank, they roll their own, in fact, they said they have never ordered coin before, until I opened an account with them. I would pick some up every now and then, if you can get CWR's. HH, Maverick.

Gilmore Happy

Banned
Jul 19, 2011
PHOENIX, ARIZONA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a nice pic. Any way that you can clear them out of their dimes and "swap" them out with you dumps? That way they would have the reserve they require and you might get another shot at more of the Community Bank rolls....it would go somthing like this...:hey suga mama, I had a blast searching through those dimes with my grandson", anyway I can swap all the ones you have with ones that "he" has already gone through?" He was just so happy.

hotrod

Bronze Member
May 12, 2012
AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What did you get out of halves

OP
OP
namster

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a nice pic. Any way that you can clear them out of their dimes and "swap" them out with you dumps? That way they would have the reserve they require and you might get another shot at more of the Community Bank rolls....it would go somthing like this...:hey suga mama, I had a blast searching through those dimes with my grandson", anyway I can swap all the ones you have with ones that "he" has already gone through?" He was just so happy.

I did precisely that. The remainder gave up nothing. LMAO, thats almost exactly how the exchange went.

Last edited:

smittyw

Jan 6, 2011
Dover, Fl
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Cheapo
Well done. I have hit a solid roll of halves by asking like that in the past, but best I ever did in dimes was to get 8 in a customer roll. Again, well done.

CWS

Jul 5, 2012
MA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's one amazing haul. All I can say is Lucky!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread