First time on the wet sand with the Minelab Safari.

bainsey

Feb 12, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So today i packed the Mrs off to the boxing day sales whilst i packed the car with my beach detecting gear and the Safari.This was to be the first time i have used it on the beach even though the reason i bought it was because i wanted to be able to the wet sand and land!
The weather had taken a turn to the chilly side overnight and a brisk wind straight off the sea made sure my hands were frozen stiff in no time. Unfortunately the beach was just as sanded in as it was last time i was there literally around a year ago so i didn't have high hopes for the finds.
I found the Safari handled the wet stuff impeccably as long as the sensitivity wasn't boosted right to the top. the settings i used were: All metal mode with -0 and +40 notched, threshold 11, and sensitivity at 16 any more than this caused a little bit of falsing. For me today was just a bit of a test and one that i have been meaning to do for a while, the coins that came with it were a bonus

here is the video of it on the wet stuff

https://youtu.be/Fz_E9GODMKI

Upvote 4

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice vid. If I may make one suggestion? If you take a small bit of a sponge and glue it over your microphone port, you'll cut down on the wind noise. Try it, you'll see what I mean.

Other than that, very interesting, educational, vid.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the information on the Safari settings.
Can I suggest something that you might consider in future posts. Add a few pictures that everyone can view. Downloading or viewing videos eats up everyone's data caps.
Thanks for the post

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice video, thanks for sharing. :icon_thumright:

All of the Minelab FBS metal detectors tend to do very well in the wet and dry sand, just need to know how to set them up!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread