1cabinguy

Greenie
Jan 28, 2015
Nashville, IN
Detector(s) used
Legacy 1500 Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today was my first time out. I really didn't have a good idea of what I was doing, but it turns out that I found a few things. This is no treasure, but it proves I can find! HAHAHA. I am just happy to not find any nails or pull tabs! Does anyone know anything about the large cartridge? It has the Star/3/10/52 marking on the end. I think it is Bulgarian. I found all of this in one area about 10x10 next to an old abandoned farm. I have much more time to spend there. Oh...the penny was only a 2003. :(

IMG_7830.JPG bullet.jpg

Upvote 6

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on getting out, and you pulled a coin. Did you did the equal amount of trash to finds?

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Cabinguy, welcome aboard. I can't tell you about the bullet casin but I can tell you that life as you know it is about to change. You have been infected. You have been biting by the dirt fishing bug. It happened to me and I haven't been the same since. You have many wonderful days of infection ahead of you. Look forward to seeing all your great finds. Nurse your disease well. Good luck. RN

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations of your future addiction! You done really well for the first time out.

OP
OP

1cabinguy

Greenie
Jan 28, 2015
Nashville, IN
Detector(s) used
Legacy 1500 Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is all I found--except for a rather long chain that I left behind....

david680

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2014
Salem, Indiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Casing looks to be a 7.62x54R to me. Would have fit the Moisin-Nagant rifles and carbines and were used by most, if not all, of the Eastern Bloc countries at that time.

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
DID ANYONE TELL CABIN GUY THAT THERE IS NO KNOWN CURE FOR THE DIRT FISHING COLD....... NO CURE AT ALL. BUT WAIT I KNOW OF ONE, GET UP GET DRESSED FIND DETECTOR THROW IN BATTERIES, SCOOP UPGEAR, JUMP IN CAR HAUL AWS GET TO THE AREA TAKE IN THE SITE ,SMELL THE FRESH AIR ,FIRE UP MACHINE AND GET ADDICTED TO A HOBBY THAT WILL ABSOLUTLEY CURE ANYTHING THAT BOTHERS YOU. ENJOY.

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You're off to a great start and a great addiction, uh, I mean hobby.

Congrats.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions