🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1491242047.721464.jpg

Researched and located a new abandoned farm in the woods. Looks like this one was in operation from 1900-1960.

Interesting items:

-3rd little brass valve I've found this year, wonder what they were used for?
-Musterole bottle is a 1930's mustard extract ointment.
-Go Pro mount was found off bike trail and looks like it would work with the shaft of my detector if I ever wanted to try videoing using my sons Go Pro.
-the brake pad was real deep in front of the foundation of the farm home, strange... it that old.

I'm always scanning for coins, so not a great result, but my first silver nickel and a 1917 (don't think it is double die) wheat were welcome finds. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1491242222.246873.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1491242232.434935.jpg

Need to refocus my research away from farms back to early homesites. Farms have plenty to dig, but seems like homesites finds are more diverse.

Good luck out there!

Upvote 11

JccEldreth

Feb 8, 2017
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus, Pro Pointer II and I
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
THe way you set the photo up, i can almost see :"F O R D" , Love it. Great Finds>

Cosmo3

Feb 8, 2017
Chattanooga, Tn.
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, Hori-Hori Knife, Gerber Folding Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice variety mate.

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I get a kick out of silver nickels. Congrats on your first of hopefully many more. I even like finding the old brass faucets & fixtures and such. Mustard ointment sounds "yummy". Fine collection and variety of cool old stuff. Peace.

KENTUCKYWONDER

Feb 28, 2016
West Ky
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice variety of digs, congratulations! The valves were probably gas valves. Many were made of brass.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread