First weekend with the CTX ~ Gold and Multiple Silvers! + My First Seated!!

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After I fried my ATP a couple weeks ago, I decided to take the plunge and buy the CTX.

I was able to take it out this weekend to break it in, So I met up with my buddy JCobb and we hit a local lake around 5am.

and within the first hour or so, I found a nice little 2gram womens 10K ring!..I was stoked! I know alot of it was probally luck, but its great getting a new machine and finding something the first day out.

The next day we found a small local road tear out, and thought it was a good idea to hunt, Midday in the direct sun..lol

I ended up scoring a Indian Head that i haven't gotten the date off of yet.

Then I got a nice 1904 V Nick, which came out glowing green. We took a break to get out of the heat, and not 10 mins after we were back at it.

I found a 1900 Barber Dime, a few feet from that I got a 1923 Merc..and just a few feet from that...I score my VERY FIRST SEATED!

I was in complete shock!, it came out solid back and was super thin. But it turned out to be a 1875 Seated Dime

My buddy ended up finding a 1883 V nick as well...this place just kept on giving. I think out of all those coins we only pulled 1 wheat each.

All I can say is this Machine Rocks! That seated dime hit so hard on the machine and gave a perfect 12-44.....where as the barber never budged from a 12-41.

But who cares about numbers! IMG_2013.JPG IMG_2014.JPG IMG_2015.JPG IMG_2016.JPG IMG_2018.JPG IMG_2017.JPG IMG_2019.JPG IMG_2009.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 19

Randyg12

Aug 6, 2014
Northridge, Ca
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, CTX 3030, and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jesus! You don't mess around when you break in a new machine:laughing7: congrats on a nice handful of oldies and gold to boot :headbang: I love my CTX, your in for a ton of fun:thumbsup:

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on the new machine. I really need to get a Minelabs machine.

You got a dime trifecta... without the ROSIE! Now that's a sweet little set of coins to find! Congrats. Very well done.

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a great maiden voyage with a new machine

Top Member Reactions