May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was across town and drove by a habitat restore so I thought I would check it out. Surprisingly this store had a lot of household goods and I was pleased to spy these five Sterling silver bread plates for a dollar each. I haven’t put them on the scale yet but they should be about 1.5 ounces each. If you haven’t checked out the habitat restore in your neighborhood you should. Weighs 12 ozt. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1576359824.987138.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
JimDon

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The bread plates are marked Wallace

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice score there Jim! Keep these finds coming.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow that's an early Christmas gift. Well done

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a nice surprise. It always blow's my mind when old sterling shows up on the secondary market. How long will it keep coming?

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's is such a nice find! I'm always looking but never seem to find any!
There's no formula to finding it I know of outside of being a frequent hunter. In your case I'd be visiting as much as I could to ever large and small thift stores you can down in the Springs, but don't get sites focused on just one thing. Inspect everything. One time I was looking for old watches, gold jewelry and sterling, but was only able to find this mid 19th century Baccarat millefiori paperweight for less than five bucks. It was heavy, but sold for a whole lot more than if it was in the weight of sterling silver.

Attachments

• 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    836.5 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:

diggingthe1

Silver Member
Feb 11, 2015
Victor, CO...City of Mines
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's no formula to finding it I know of outside of being a frequent hunter. In your case I'd be visiting as much as I could to ever large and small thift stores you can down in the Springs, but don't get sites focused on just one thing. Inspect everything. One time I was looking for old watches, gold jewelry and sterling, but was only able to find this mid 19th century Baccarat millefiori paperweight for less than five bucks. It was heavy, but sold for a whole lot more than if it was in the weight of sterling silver.

Good advice Tamrock, my memory only holds so much but I am always on the lookout for anything I can turn over. I am so happy my wife is catching the bug, even though she won't admit it. She just found a glass weight set, the lady dropped it down to 1 dollar because she is so darn cute. They sell for about 50!! I am always stunned by the the things JimDon finds!! I make my rounds when I can but never find silver and my eye isn't quite good enough to find gold, of course I will always be looking!! What a score on that paper weight!!!

Vhoov

May 9, 2016
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, AT Pro, Pro pointer AT,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whoa! Nice grab!

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice find.....

Chik

Tenderfoot
Jul 7, 2018
Kootenay Region - BC
Detector(s) used
Garret
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Might be nice to share your good fortune with the folks at Habitat for Humanity - they do good work for YOUR community.

SanMan

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2012
West Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, AT Max, AT Gold - Tesoro Euro Sabre - Tesoro Bandido II uMax - Troy X2 - Tesoro Stingray - Mojave - Fisher 1280X- Fisher 1235X - and many more.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Nice!

It pays to keep your eyes open

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread