For future generations

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/BH Platinum, (Garret Pro-Pointer)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Upvote 0

farmerboy856

Mar 14, 2007
wi
Detector(s) used
whites v3i ,mxt pro, idx pro garretts pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thought bout making a small cache, but I've never seeded an area nothing is hunted out every spring the south slope of my yard is the first to thaw and I'm out cleaning it a bit I dig till nothing will beep any more in all metal been doing that for 15 years found an 1874 shield nickel last spring! One thing similar to your idea is I've thought about having tokens made up with my handle the year and my brands and model machines used and leaving one at sites I research and hit not places like parks and schools but home sites old picnic areas and such. Personally I think it would be cool to be hunting an old use site and find a token from a treasure hunter and know what he used and when he was there, granted the novelty would wear off soon if people started leaving them in parks and school yards and beaches. I know I have some buddies that think it's funny to toss change in the barn cleaner when I'm hauling manure out! They laugh and tell me that when I can't find anything anywhere else I can always go out to the back forty and practice up lol!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I put a quarter, dime, and penny along with a little note wrapped it in plastic and encased that in wax and buried it in the dirt just before they poured the concrete for the sidewalk. A surprise years from now for someone maybe.

farmerboy856

Mar 14, 2007
wi
Detector(s) used
whites v3i ,mxt pro, idx pro garretts pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thats a good idea!

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I put a quarter, dime, and penny along with a little note wrapped it in plastic and encased that in wax and buried it in the dirt just before they poured the concrete for the sidewalk. A surprise years from now for someone maybe.

where exactly?

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I plan to. Not on my own property, though. With a "message in a bottle" for the next person to enjoy it now but eventually do the same for some future person if they are able.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread