For those of you who print your labels...

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For the first time I just started using FedEx. For all my larger boxes and heavier items. And I'm sure a lot of you do already but if you don't you may want to check it out and switchover. I just went to ship a box is 5 lbs. 1 oz. to go US priority mail was $27.97. FedEx their home delivery service was $14.97. And I believe that shipping is the same rate or amount of days as the priority mail is. So just kind of a heads up that if you're printing labels off eBay but hopefully help cut some costs. Good luck I'm off to Goodwill!!!

mjlalt

Jul 18, 2012
Massachusetts
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow $27.97! that doesn't seem right
Was it a large item as far as volume? Priorty Mail gets expensive if you have an item that has large dimensions .

mjlalt

Jul 18, 2012
Massachusetts
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
18x16x16 Was the size of the box itself.
Probably

Priority Mail is expensive on items with large dimensions

It's called "Dimensional weight"

Carriers charge more for items that take up a lot of space.

Priority mail is not good for heavy items ( unless you use flat rate boxes)
Priority mail is not good for items with large dimensions or with excessive "Dimensional weight"

Last edited:

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I *LOVE* Fed-Ex! Did you know that your $14 includes insurance up to a hundred bucks?

USPS .... if you want to make sure your item gets there, you gotta take insurance. I HATE USPS WITH A PASSION! It is the only industry in the country that doesn't have to do what it does for the money you pay. (Ie- If you send a letter w/o insurance, they can toss it in the garbage, and you out of luck. They say, Did you take insurance?)

If you make a Fed-Ex account, you can do it all online. Even get an estimate. Love, love, love Fed-Ex.

mjlalt

Jul 18, 2012
Massachusetts
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
USPS Priority includes $50 insurance / a box to ship it in and they pick it up for free.

I really doubt fedex would deliver a letter across the country for 49 cents. I have no problems with Fedex or UPS or USPS.
They all have there good points and bad points.

Nickleanddime

Jul 21, 2013
a, ohio
Detector(s) used
A $10 garage sale find.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was going to ship a computer one time by FedEx but wasn't sure how to get it picked up. The closet store is 45 minutes away for that large of a item. I tried to find out if they do home delivery but couldn't really find it. Will they pick it up at your house without the large item being weighed at their drop off point? Or do you just enter a weight and size and they adjust it at delivery billing?

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I was going to ship a computer one time by FedEx but wasn't sure how to get it picked up. The closet store is 45 minutes away for that large of a item. I tried to find out if they do home delivery but couldn't really find it. Will they pick it up at your house without the large item being weighed at their drop off point? Or do you just enter a weight and size and they adjust it at delivery billing?

If you have an account, they will adjust it when you bill. I once thought I was shipping to a business, and it was a house. They tacked on the extra residence fee when I got the billing. I don't know about coming to your house. I have several Fed-Ex stores near me. (I think they also charge more if one of the areas is a small area. I send to my daughter in NJ, and the stuff gets there in one day and it's cheaper. I sent to someone in NY at the same. It took two or three days. When I asked why, they said my daughter is near a main center, the other one wasn't.)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions